Junior Member

Default How Much Weight Can the Boat Float?

hi guys

can you tell me how can I calculate the capacity of canoe

How Much Weight Can the Boat Float?
posted to rec.boats.building

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 14:19:41 +0100, Yaasaay
wrote:

hi guys

can you tell me how can I calculate the capacity of canoe

How Much Weight Can the Boat Float?

To calculate the capacity of a canoe calculate the volume of the hull
at the designed water level and multiply that times the weight of
water displaced and there you are.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

wrote:

hi guys

can you tell me how can I calculate the capacity of canoe

How Much Weight Can the Boat Float?

===

You have to start with an assumption of how much freeboard you want
when fully loaded. Given that, you next need to calculate the cubic
volume of the portion that is immersed. The immersed cubic volume
times the weight of water (approx 64 lbs/cubic ft) minus the weight of
the canoe equals the load carrying capacity.

Holiday Boat Float Harryk General 1 December 19th 10 02:19 PM
The Boat Who Wouldn't Float - why not? druid Cruising 0 October 31st 07 02:26 AM
Boat Float experiences Jack General 2 March 2nd 06 08:08 PM
Will the old boat float? Chris General 8 September 25th 04 04:06 AM
Weight of my boat? Pisstron2000 General 6 July 26th 03 08:29 AM