posted to rec.boats.building
Wayne B Wayne B is offline

Default How Much Weight Can the Boat Float?

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 14:19:41 +0100, Yaasaay
wrote:

hi guys

can you tell me how can I calculate the capacity of canoe

How Much Weight Can the Boat Float?

===

You have to start with an assumption of how much freeboard you want
when fully loaded. Given that, you next need to calculate the cubic
volume of the portion that is immersed. The immersed cubic volume
times the weight of water (approx 64 lbs/cubic ft) minus the weight of
the canoe equals the load carrying capacity.