posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising

Default Applying for a new hull ID (was: Registration questions)

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:14:27 -0400, bruce@not. wrote:

Sounds like they are now going to treat it like a home made boat.

Is there reason they might deny it? It's not overly
heavy...the boat rides high in the water. The max capacity is
1030 and I doubt there are over 500 pounds of material. Also I
removed a couple hundred pounds of seats, padding of various
types and old carpet, so it's in no danger of sinking due to
weight. It also doesn't feel top heavy. Will a person actually
come out to inspect it? If so, what can I do to make it go more
smoothly? What would they be opposed to? It's on a Corp of
Engineers lake, so should I make sure to have a portable toilet
on board or will they even care about any stuff like that?

I've never been through that process so I don't know exactly what they
look for. Probably not much is my guess. With regard to a portable
toilet, your best bet is to have none at all.

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:44:43 -0400, bruce@not. wrote:

I guess the best thing would be to call again and say I made a
mistake in thinking it is homemade, and tell them it has a hull
ID from the manufacturer in the upper right corner of the
transom, and see if we can get back to processing from there.

Yes, it was a "misunderstanding". :-)

posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising

In article ,
says...

bruce@not. wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:26:56 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:33:23 -0400, bruce@not. wrote:

Thanks to all of you for your help on this! I called the GA DNR
and told them I have a notorised BOS, so the girl on the phone
began helping me continue with the registration process. Then we
got to the part where she asked me if it was an open boat, or a
cabin, or home made, etc... I told here that I had put a roof
over it and some windows so she put me on hold for a minute, then
came back and said since I did that I would have to apply for a
new hull ID. Can anyone tell me anything about that, and why even
though it's the same hull with the same ID stamped on it I would
have to apply for a new one?

You're giving them too much information.

I have been cussing myself for that ever since I said
something.

Any chance you can go into the DNR, tell them you want to register the boat
in GA., show them the paper work and move on or is the file flagged with the
notes that a top has been added?

JT

Really, go in and tell them you want to register a boat, if they ask
about "the other" one, tell them it was a hassle so you trashed it and
now you want to register "this" one. That is unless you already gave
them numbers off the hull or something .....
posted to rec.boats.building

Default Registration questions

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:09:04 -0700 (PDT), Loogypicker
wrote:

On Oct 22, 11:31*am, "JustWaitAFrekinMinute!"
wrote:
On Oct 22, 11:21*am, Loogypicker wrote:

On Oct 22, 10:37*am, Tosk wrote:

In article 7d7c2a8d-7445-402e-a63c-6e548cc87289
@a6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com, says...

On Oct 21, 4:19*pm, bruce@not. wrote:
I bought an old 1977 runabout and want to get it registered in
GA, but the last time it was registered was in FL. So far I
haven't been able to contact the last person who registered it,
or even find out who they are. The GA DNR told me to contact the
FL DNR, but it looks like in FL the DMV handles boat
registration. Can anyone tell me the best way of going about
this?

Thanks for any help!

In GA, if you have a bill of sale from the seller, you're good to go.

Yeah, great for the boat thieves who work in this area. It's
irresponsible of the Georgian govt to allow that to happen so freely.
It's not like they don't know it's happening...

Nope. If not homemade, the database has the hull ID number.

The one they stole up here was "homemade"

http://smallboats.com/boats_cartopper.htm

and had a hin number on the transom and one "hidden" number as
required by law... Either way, I am not saying it's your fault, but
the cops up here were well aware that it probably went to Georgia to
be "cleaned"...- Hide quoted text -

Many, many states do exactly the same. So I guess my question to the
cops would be - How in hell are you "well aware" that it "probably"
went to GA?

Scotty made the whole thing up.

A 12 foot boat doesn't even get registered in CT.

I'll bet his boat is on Lake Candlewood.

As usual. Salty is full of crap.. Any home made boat in CT has to run
through the DEP here in CT and must have a HIN attached to be sold or
run with a motor.. Please be aware that anything Salty says about me is
probably a lie. He has been upset with me for a while, ever since we on
another group exposed him for writing sexually suggestive posts to a
site for young boys. (alt.americanidol.boys or something like that)
Either way, I am not a sock puppet like our friend Salty, I am Scotty
from Smallboats.com, a USCG registered builder in the State of CT and
have built well over 60 boats for sale in the State of Connecticut.
Trust me, the boat had a HIN number and it was stolen in Old Lyme CT...

Someone called my attention to this post or I never would have seen it
as most of us at the other group have him filtered...

Thanks, Scotty from Smallboats.com...

posted to rec.boats.building

In article ,
says...

On Oct 22, 10:37*am, Tosk wrote:

[...]

A 12 foot sailboat would not need to be registered, so it would not
need to be "cleaned".

Your sailboat is no doubt still in CT at somebody's lakeside cottage.

There would be no reason to transport it all the way to Georgia.

Listen moron, any boat in CT that is going to be used with an engine or
motor, must have a HIN number, and a CT Registration number too... Any
homebuilt boat, built and sold in CT must have a HIN and to do that it
must be inspected by the DEP. Back then you took your boat to the DEP
office in Lyme, now the local DEP ranger comes to you. The state trooper
I spoke with told me there was a ring operating up and down rte 95
stealing boats and sending them south, go argue with the trooper. The
boat dock where this boat was stored was openly visible right from the
overpass in Old Lyme. I trust the Trooper over the Troll on this one...

Scotty, (not a sock puppet) from SmallBoats.com

posted to rec.boats.building

On Oct 22, 10:37*am, Tosk wrote:

[...]

I know exactly where Scotty lives. I also know a lot of other things
he would prefer were not made public. Especially the part about his
daughter. He is bad news. Very bad news.

posted to rec.boats.building

On Oct 22, 10:37*am, Tosk wrote:

[...]

As I said, a 12 foot SAILBOAT does not need to be registered in
Connecticut.

You did say it was a sailiboat, ****forbrains.

How's your wife?

On Oct 22, 10:37*am, Tosk wrote:

[...]

Well, as to your accusations about me and my family, we have heard it
all before from you while hiding under your desk as usual.. Either
way, go ahead, spew away with your fantasies about my children and
wife if it makes you feel better.

As to the CT rules. I clearly stated I built and sold the boat in CT,
which requires a HIN (hull id number). That is all I have to say to
you freak...
posted to rec.boats.building

Good for you. Now shut the **** up.

Registration timmynocky Boat Building 1 January 21st 09 01:37 AM
Registration timmynocky Cruising 4 January 12th 09 04:52 PM
do I need CA. registration for this? s o General 15 August 11th 06 12:42 AM
Metal Keel, fin, finish, repair, questions, questions Lester Evans Boat Building 1 April 23rd 06 04:00 PM