posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Applying for a new hull ID (was: Registration questions)

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:14:27 -0400, bruce@not. wrote:

Sounds like they are now going to treat it like a home made boat.

Is there reason they might deny it? It's not overly
heavy...the boat rides high in the water. The max capacity is
1030 and I doubt there are over 500 pounds of material. Also I
removed a couple hundred pounds of seats, padding of various
types and old carpet, so it's in no danger of sinking due to
weight. It also doesn't feel top heavy. Will a person actually
come out to inspect it? If so, what can I do to make it go more
smoothly? What would they be opposed to? It's on a Corp of
Engineers lake, so should I make sure to have a portable toilet
on board or will they even care about any stuff like that?

I've never been through that process so I don't know exactly what they
look for. Probably not much is my guess. With regard to a portable
toilet, your best bet is to have none at all.