posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Registration questions

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:22:46 -0400, Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:09:04 -0700 (PDT), Loogypicker
wrote:

On Oct 22, 11:31*am, "JustWaitAFrekinMinute!"
wrote:
On Oct 22, 11:21*am, Loogypicker wrote:

On Oct 22, 10:37*am, Tosk wrote:

In article 7d7c2a8d-7445-402e-a63c-6e548cc87289
@a6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com, says...

On Oct 21, 4:19*pm, bruce@not. wrote:
I bought an old 1977 runabout and want to get it registered in
GA, but the last time it was registered was in FL. So far I
haven't been able to contact the last person who registered it,
or even find out who they are. The GA DNR told me to contact the
FL DNR, but it looks like in FL the DMV handles boat
registration. Can anyone tell me the best way of going about
this?

Thanks for any help!

In GA, if you have a bill of sale from the seller, you're good to go.

Yeah, great for the boat thieves who work in this area. It's
irresponsible of the Georgian govt to allow that to happen so freely.
It's not like they don't know it's happening...

Nope. If not homemade, the database has the hull ID number.

The one they stole up here was "homemade"

http://smallboats.com/boats_cartopper.htm

and had a hin number on the transom and one "hidden" number as
required by law... Either way, I am not saying it's your fault, but
the cops up here were well aware that it probably went to Georgia to
be "cleaned"...- Hide quoted text -

Many, many states do exactly the same. So I guess my question to the
cops would be - How in hell are you "well aware" that it "probably"
went to GA?

Scotty made the whole thing up.

A 12 foot boat doesn't even get registered in CT.

I'll bet his boat is on Lake Candlewood.

As usual. Salty is full of crap.. Any home made boat in CT has to run
through the DEP here in CT and must have a HIN attached to be sold or
run with a motor.. Please be aware that anything Salty says about me is
probably a lie. He has been upset with me for a while, ever since we on
another group exposed him for writing sexually suggestive posts to a
site for young boys. (alt.americanidol.boys or something like that)
Either way, I am not a sock puppet like our friend Salty, I am Scotty
from Smallboats.com, a USCG registered builder in the State of CT and
have built well over 60 boats for sale in the State of Connecticut.
Trust me, the boat had a HIN number and it was stolen in Old Lyme CT...

Someone called my attention to this post or I never would have seen it
as most of us at the other group have him filtered...

Thanks, Scotty from Smallboats.com...

I know exactly where Scotty lives. I also know a lot of other things
he would prefer were not made public. Especially the part about his
daughter. He is bad news. Very bad news.