Default Registration

Hi all,
A friend of mine in Canada is restoring a Rabl designed Picaroon and
he is trying to find out where she has been registered.
The number on the man beam is 392399 - RT2.37.
Is there anyone out there who can help?

Mike

"timmynocky" wrote in message
Hi all,
A friend of mine in Canada is restoring a Rabl designed Picaroon and
he is trying to find out where she has been registered.
The number on the man beam is 392399 - RT2.37.
Is there anyone out there who can help?

Mike

They seem to passing the responsibility around for licensing/registering
pleasurecraft, but I'd look for a local office of Transport canada and
inquire there.
http://www.tc.gc.ca/marinesafety/TP/TP511/boat.htm
It might be as simple as a computer search of the serial(??) number you
provided.

timmynocky wrote:
Hi all,
A friend of mine in Canada is restoring a Rabl designed Picaroon and
he is trying to find out where she has been registered.
The number on the man beam is 392399 - RT2.37.
Is there anyone out there who can help?

If you enter that number in Transport Canada's Vessel Registry Query
System, advanced search you get the following message:

"CHOUGH (O.N. 392399)

This vessel is suspended from registry in Canada. For further
information contact the nearest vessel registry office.

Date of suspension: March 10, 2008."

I don't know if that's good or bad, sounds kind of bad to me.

URL for TC Vessel Registry Query System:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/shipregistry/advanced.asp?lang=e

Cheers
Martin

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
timmynocky wrote:
Hi all,
A friend of mine in Canada is restoring a Rabl designed Picaroon and
he is trying to find out where she has been registered.
The number on the man beam is 392399 - RT2.37.
Is there anyone out there who can help?

If you enter that number in Transport Canada's Vessel Registry Query
System, advanced search you get the following message:

"CHOUGH (O.N. 392399)

This vessel is suspended from registry in Canada. For further information
contact the nearest vessel registry office.

Date of suspension: March 10, 2008."

I don't know if that's good or bad, sounds kind of bad to me.

URL for TC Vessel Registry Query System:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/shipregistry/advanced.asp?lang=e

Cheers
Martin

Could be that the registration is just expired. But following up with the
registry office would certainly be the way to find out.

Registration timmynocky Boat Building 1 January 21st 09 01:37 AM
do I need CA. registration for this? s o General 15 August 11th 06 12:42 AM
Overseas Registration [email protected] Cruising 7 April 6th 06 04:08 AM
documentation & registration Plastiekske ASA 3 March 15th 04 05:29 PM
Canadian Registration D Smyth General 0 July 18th 03 04:18 AM