posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Please don't wait

President(elect) Obama, despite my aprehensions, has my full support. I
sincerely hope he makes all of us on the right forget all of the
shortcomings we feel he has to do the job. I will be among the first to
give a formal apollogy if he starts to do things that help get this
country started in the right (no pun intended) direction. My question is
why does he have to wait 3 months to start. It would be very easy for him
to say in one of the many interviews he is bound to give--"A,B and C are a
couple of ideas I have for getting us headed in the right direction. After
all, his followers and he all said he was the man to lead us out of this
mess. If that is so, he must have had at least a few ideas of what he was
going to do to help. Suggest them now. Dem's have control of both houses,
so there shouldn't be much resistence. Even if plans are drawn up and Bush
refuses to enact them, the details and necessary legislative work could be
done, only needing his signature in January. Why wait till January 20th to
start the ball rolling? And if he publically talks about his ideas, he has
no worry that someone else might take the credit. Show us you meant it
when you said you were the man America needed to get out of this mess, Mr.
Obama. Start now building the confidence this country needs in you. Things
will only get worse if we wait.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Why do you think he has not done much of what you suggest? He has. You need
to watch something besides Fox once in a while. However, as he said, there's
only one Pres. at a time. So, he's got to be careful not to get ahead of
himself.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:37:53 -0800, Capt. JG wrote:

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I think that there must be something wrong with me. I sit here and write
down that it seems a man that ran on a platform that stated he was better
prepared to help get the economy out of the mess it's in than his
opponent, is not allowed because of protocal to even suggest ways out of
the mess. And everyone says that even if he had the end-all solution that
would solve the problem tomorrow, it is wrong to suggest that solution and
let the people in this country know what is going on. Because it isn't
deemed politically correct. It's more correct to let the country go 10
weeks further down the drain. Then people talk about the fact he is
rushing through another stimulus package (first one didn't work). And he
wants to bail out the auto makers after critisizing the baiout of the rich
banks. We need new ideas. He said the existing ones didn't work and is
repeating them. What new ides are we going to see and when? If any. He is
our president (elect). I don't want toturn sour on him like happened with
Clinton and Bush.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:37:53 -0800, Capt. JG wrote:

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Obama is about hope and change. I really doubt he will put the people
responsible or who had oversight for failures such as Fannie and Freddie in
any positions of trust/power in his administration. It was Wall Street greed
that got us into this mess and Obama promised it would not be politics as
usual so we can all rest easy the fox will not be guarding the henhouse. His
cabinet will be the embodiment of change.
Obama is a uniter, he is not the type to go on a major news conference and
verbally attack and mock an elderly lady with a broken hip while the economy
continues to tank. He wants to redistribute wealth down to the lower rungs
of society and is doing that by advocating and voting for hundreds of
billions of dollars to be given to bankers, large corporations and the like.
He wants to give hundreds of billions to auto manufacturers because that
will make more Americans want to buy their cars, plus it will save the auto
workers union billions of dollars by not having to provide for their members
in such hard times. Obama will not continue the failed policies of the Bush
regime such as deficit spending and has promised a balanced budget within 4
years. Obama is a great, honest man of tremendous judgement and I believe he
will achieve what he has said he would do.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:37:53 -0800, Capt. JG wrote:

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Nothing wrong with you. In some respects it's true that presidents-elect
must wait. However, he has suggested and is working in the Senate still. You
might want to give him a couple of days to get some rest. He's been
campaigning for nearly two years. He'll do better with a short break.

would solve the problem tomorrow, it is wrong to suggest that solution and
let the people in this country know what is going on. Because it isn't
deemed politically correct. It's more correct to let the country go 10
weeks further down the drain. Then people talk about the fact he is
rushing through another stimulus package (first one didn't work). And he
wants to bail out the auto makers after critisizing the baiout of the rich
banks. We need new ideas. He said the existing ones didn't work and is
repeating them. What new ides are we going to see and when? If any. He is
our president (elect). I don't want toturn sour on him like happened with
Clinton and Bush.

Well, you just got done saying that he's not doing anything and now you
suggest that he's doing something wrong. Many people are talking about the
need for a middle-class stimulus package, and it seems like the ones who are
opposing it live in the White House. Lots of people including that
high-functioning moron in the WH think we should bail out the car companies.
I'm not sure we should or shouldn't, but I am convinced that the
middle-class needs help.

You're wrong about him saying the current one didn't work. It's too early to
tell, and no one knows yet. We've already seen some of his ideas throughout
the campaign. For most of them, he has to be president first, since he's not
yet president.

No one wants to turn sour on a president. Even though I thought Bush was a
huge mistake, I tried hard to give him the benefit of some time. Right after
9/11, I thought he might actually step up to the plate and do the right
thing (didn't know or care if I had known about the My Pet Goat sh*t). For a
while, I thought he did fine. Afganistan was the right place... and then it
all went to hell with Iraq. He did the opposite of what he was as
governer... he was a divider.

We all hope (or we all should hope) that Obama can do something... inspire
us all to be less partisan and more involved in the solutions we need.
Neither he nor any one individual can fix the deep problems we have.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
news

Nothing wrong with you. In some respects it's true that presidents-elect
must wait. However, he has suggested and is working in the Senate still.
You might want to give him a couple of days to get some rest. He's been
campaigning for nearly two years. He'll do better with a short break.

Yes, he needs his rest. Maybe someone else can handle that 3 AM phone call.

Well, you just got done saying that he's not doing anything and now you
suggest that he's doing something wrong.

He's done nothing. Nothing is not something.

Many people are talking about the need for a middle-class stimulus package,
and it seems like the ones who are opposing it live in the White House.
Lots of people including that high-functioning moron in the WH think we
should bail out the car companies. I'm not sure we should or shouldn't, but
I am convinced that the middle-class needs help.

Hopefully the majority in the Congress aren't under the hypnotic powers of
the high function moron in the White House and they can resist him forcing
them to bail out the car companies.

You're wrong about him saying the current one didn't work. It's too early
to tell, and no one knows yet.

So why is the Democratic Congress so eager to pony up more taxpayer money?
Our children are getting saddled with record deficits.

We've already seen some of his ideas throughout the campaign. For most of
them, he has to be president first, since he's not yet president.

What ideas? Most of what he said were broad, fuzzy feel good platitudes. He
did say out of Iraq in 18 months - the clock is ticking, putting a surge of
troops in Afghanistan and quite possibly going into Pahkistahn. No one
earning less than $250,000 will see a tax increase, most Americans will be
paying less in taxes, all this as the Democratic Congress is going into
record deficit spending, about 2-3 trillion dollars (based upon current
revenue numbers) when all is said and done. Thank heaven Obama got elected!
That stooge Bush lowered taxes, increased spending, invaded a soveriegn
country and is pulling troops out of Iraq. What a high functioning moron he
is! Don't forget about those failed policies!

No one wants to turn sour on a president. Even though I thought Bush was a
huge mistake, I tried hard to give him the benefit of some time. Right
after 9/11, I thought he might actually step up to the plate and do the
right thing (didn't know or care if I had known about the My Pet Goat
sh*t). For a while, I thought he did fine. Afganistan was the right
place... and then it all went to hell with Iraq. He did the opposite of
what he was as governer... he was a divider.

He got relected. America hasn't been attacked since 9/11. I hope we can
believe that our safety will be as good or better under Obama.

We all hope (or we all should hope) that Obama can do something... inspire
us all to be less partisan and more involved in the solutions we need.
Neither he nor any one individual can fix the deep problems we have.

I thought Obama was elected because his policies will make America better
again - that's leadership. Now our expectations should be "inspiration",
"sacrifice" and committees figuring out what the solutions should be? That
sounds more like management, not leadership. What happened to Obama's
vision? How is he going to "spread the wealth" when it is rapidly
vaporizing? Dollars fresh off a printing press are not wealth.

Ronald Reagan was put into a very similar situation after knucklehead Carter
kneecapped the economy. Today, decades later, people are saying the era of
Reagan is finally over. Let's see if we are better off in 4 years than we
are today. The current situation is a great test for Obama's understanding
of what made America great, he's not in office yet and already his
sycophants are backpedalling. Hope and change we can believe in - a great
slogan!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Bob is offline

On Nov 8, 9:51*am, "Charles Momsen" wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in message

The current situation is a great test for Obama's understanding
of what made America great, he's not in office yet and already his
sycophants are backpedalling. Hope and change we can believe in - a great
slogan!

Ya I like that slogan.
Lets see what was the republican one...... oh, ya:

"Keep BIG government off my back and out of my pocket."
"america should not me in teh busines of NATION BUILDING"

I really like: "Bring it one" and of course "Mission Accompllished"
those were really good ones too.
Bob
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

The current situation is a great test for Obama's understanding
of what made America great, he's not in office yet and already his
sycophants are backpedalling. Hope and change we can believe in - a great
slogan!

-Ya I like that slogan.
-Lets see what was the republican one...... oh, ya:

-"Keep BIG government off my back and out of my pocket."
-"america should not me in teh busines of NATION BUILDING"

-I really like: "Bring it one" and of course "Mission Accompllished"
-those were really good ones too.
-Bob

If you think you're arguing against my point by indicating that the
Republicans have had hypocritical slogans you aren't doing a very good job.
All you are doing is dragging the Democrats to the same level as Republicans
by using Republican behavior to justify the Democrats. Your argument is
illogical and if anything, undermines your point.

If your point is that there is and will be little difference between Obama's
"Hope and change we can believe in" and Bush's "Doctrine" I will agree with
you. There is very little difference and that is my whole point and, by
accident, yours.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 22:33:09 -0700, "Charles Momsen"

said:

I really doubt he will put the people
responsible or who had oversight for failures such as Fannie and Freddie
in
any positions of trust/power in his administration.

LOL. Did you see whose name is being floated for Treasury Secretary?
Sheila
Blair. That's the Sheila Blair who as head of the FDIC forced Wachovia
into
a $2 billion deal with Citicorp that would require massive amounts of
taxpayer money, only to find a week later that Wells Fargo would pay $15
billion with no taxpayer assistance.

Bush wins!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...oll/index.html

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

said:

I really doubt he will put the people
responsible or who had oversight for failures such as Fannie and Freddie
in
any positions of trust/power in his administration.

LOL. Did you see whose name is being floated for Treasury Secretary?
Sheila
Blair. That's the Sheila Blair who as head of the FDIC forced Wachovia
into
a $2 billion deal with Citicorp that would require massive amounts of
taxpayer money, only to find a week later that Wells Fargo would pay $15
billion with no taxpayer assistance.

I believe that Obama will see justice served. Those who bankrupted the
country will see long jail terms - every one of them!

It's change you can believe in.

Why aren't you a believer?

Election over yet? Can't wait... Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_3_] General 1 September 20th 08 11:32 PM
Thom Can't Wait!!! Capt. Rob ASA 10 January 23rd 06 04:50 AM
I just cant wait Joe ASA 11 December 25th 04 05:03 PM
It will be worth the wait! Coff General 1 February 14th 04 11:27 AM
not wait for backup John Hart Whitewater 1 September 29th 03 09:19 PM