posted to alt.sailing.asa
Charles Momsen Charles Momsen is offline

Default Please don't wait

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:37:53 -0800, Capt. JG wrote:

"Ken Marino" wrote in message
m...
President(elect) Obama, despite my aprehensions, has my full support. I
sincerely hope he makes all of us on the right forget all of the
shortcomings we feel he has to do the job. I will be among the first to
give a formal apollogy if he starts to do things that help get this
country started in the right (no pun intended) direction. My question
is why does he have to wait 3 months to start. It would be very easy
for him to say in one of the many interviews he is bound to give--"A,B
and C are a couple of ideas I have for getting us headed in the right
direction. After all, his followers and he all said he was the man to
lead us out of this mess. If that is so, he must have had at least a
few ideas of what he was going to do to help. Suggest them now. Dem's
have control of both houses, so there shouldn't be much resistence.
Even if plans are drawn up and Bush refuses to enact them, the details
and necessary legislative work could be done, only needing his
signature in January. Why wait till January 20th to start the ball
rolling? And if he publically talks about his ideas, he has no worry
that someone else might take the credit. Show us you meant it when you
said you were the man America needed to get out of this mess, Mr.
Obama. Start now building the confidence this country needs in you.
Things will only get worse if we wait.

Why do you think he has not done much of what you suggest? He has. You
need to watch something besides Fox once in a while. However, as he
said, there's only one Pres. at a time. So, he's got to be careful not
to get ahead of himself.

I think that there must be something wrong with me. I sit here and write
down that it seems a man that ran on a platform that stated he was better
prepared to help get the economy out of the mess it's in than his
opponent, is not allowed because of protocal to even suggest ways out of
the mess. And everyone says that even if he had the end-all solution that
would solve the problem tomorrow, it is wrong to suggest that solution and
let the people in this country know what is going on. Because it isn't
deemed politically correct. It's more correct to let the country go 10
weeks further down the drain. Then people talk about the fact he is
rushing through another stimulus package (first one didn't work). And he
wants to bail out the auto makers after critisizing the baiout of the rich
banks. We need new ideas. He said the existing ones didn't work and is
repeating them. What new ides are we going to see and when? If any. He is
our president (elect). I don't want toturn sour on him like happened with
Clinton and Bush.

Obama is about hope and change. I really doubt he will put the people
responsible or who had oversight for failures such as Fannie and Freddie in
any positions of trust/power in his administration. It was Wall Street greed
that got us into this mess and Obama promised it would not be politics as
usual so we can all rest easy the fox will not be guarding the henhouse. His
cabinet will be the embodiment of change.
Obama is a uniter, he is not the type to go on a major news conference and
verbally attack and mock an elderly lady with a broken hip while the economy
continues to tank. He wants to redistribute wealth down to the lower rungs
of society and is doing that by advocating and voting for hundreds of
billions of dollars to be given to bankers, large corporations and the like.
He wants to give hundreds of billions to auto manufacturers because that
will make more Americans want to buy their cars, plus it will save the auto
workers union billions of dollars by not having to provide for their members
in such hard times. Obama will not continue the failed policies of the Bush
regime such as deficit spending and has promised a balanced budget within 4
years. Obama is a great, honest man of tremendous judgement and I believe he
will achieve what he has said he would do.