posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Evo X

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:16:03 -0400, Marty wrote:

wrote:

You should certainly stick to what you know. We just can't figure out
what that may be!

Soooo... tell me. Could you hit a set of green traffic lights at 50,
and
turn right without scratching the waiting cars?.... or using the
brakes??

If I may be crude: Enough ****ing around, you want real bragging rights,
you want a real sports car, you want a car that will turn every head for
six blocks?

Try this: http://www.bugatti.com/en/veyron-16.4.html

0-60MPH 2.7 seconds. Skid pan numbers, forget it, none of those cheap
propaganda rags that Bob reads are ever going to get their hands on on
of these.

Cheers
Marty

Yeah...beautiful machine.....but it costs a motsa!!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

[...]

There is that little hitch..... ;-o

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 1 Oct, 05:56, OzOne wrote:
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 06:22:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Here's a link:-

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/220788/
subaru_impreza_wrx_sti_type_uk_versus_mitsubishi_ evo_x_fq300_sst.html

One of many derogatory comments from that link:-
"And what does all this leave you with once you actually settle down
driving? A slightly unsatisfying car, I’m afraid. "

Guess the guy really wanted his satisfaction when he pulled up at the
ballet and the parking attendant started droolong over the
'Aston'.....

"F" the ballet!!
You would have loved what I did yesterday!!

Steering with the throttle ... hands on my knees...
Speed between 80 and 110 mph (hands on the knees,
not on the wheel)...
It was exactly like sailing without a rudder when you
balance the main versus the genoa. You would have
LOVED it Oz.

Don't tell me that you wouldn't have enjoyed
doing 180 degree turns, 270, 360, and 720 turns
in an Aston.

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 14:51:57 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On 1 Oct, 05:56, OzOne wrote:
[...]

Hmmm, sounds like fun....next time try it in a more nimble car :-)

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 1 Oct, 05:56, OzOne wrote:
[...]

It was the most fun that I have had in more than 30 years!

Next time it looks like a F360 and AMV8 morning, followed
by rally instruction in the afternoon. Do they qualify as more
nimble?

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 1 Oct, 05:56, OzOne wrote:
[...]

It wouldn't take much to be more nimble that the 'Aston'.....I was
talking substantially more nimble.

Still It sounds like you're exploring your limits which is a good
thing

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On 1 Oct, 05:56, OzOne wrote:
[...]

So... the F360 doesn't make it?

What would you recommend?

I still haven't booked the next outing. A friend and I are going
to do a "Driving Experience" day for our next birthday (51). I am
genuinely open to suggestions!

Still It sounds like you're exploring your limits which is a good
thing

Last Tuesday... limits were not "explored", they were "exploded".

I'm looking forward to learning more about driving.

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa

It wouldn't take much to be more nimble that the 'Aston'.....I was
talking substantially more nimble.

That's putting it nicely. A DB9 is a road car, not a canyon slicer.
The Evo is so much more fun. But folks like Donal literally see
something more shiny and they expect it must be better. The Aston is
VERY shiny, but it's so far down the rungs of handling that I find it
hard to believe any school course with use one. An M3 would make much
more sense. I actually don't think an Evo would be best to teach
someone like Donal though. The Evo is best for someone who understands
balance and the full benefit of the AYC system. He needs to play with
more basic metal before he can appreciate why the Evo is being stacked
up against supercars.

RB