posted to alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing
Joe Joe is offline

Default Forget about expensive diesel fuel

On Sep 13, 12:48 am, "Duncan Heenan" to toothless ****** wrote

I believe such things are easily purchased in the USA, rather like their
military medals.- Hide quoted text -

The citation continues: "Corporal Dunham ordered his Marines to block
their movement. As they approached the vehicles, an Iraqi insurgent
leaped out and grabbed Corporal Dunham by the throat.

"In the ensuing struggle, Corporal Dunham noticed the Iraqi insurgent
had a grenade . . . and immediately alerted his fellow Marines as he
wrestled the Iraqi to the ground.

"Aware of the imminent danger to his Marines and without hesitation,
Corporal Dunham threw himself on the grenade and used his body to bear
the brunt of the explosion, shielding his Marines from the blast."

Dunham is the second serviceman and first Marine to receive the Medal
of Honor since the U.S.-led invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq. His act
of self-sacrifice was no surprise to family and friends.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing
Pd Pd is offline

Joe wrote:

"In the ensuing struggle, Corporal Dunham noticed the Iraqi insurgent
had a grenade . . . and immediately alerted his fellow Marines as he
wrestled the Iraqi to the ground.

"Aware of the imminent danger to his Marines and without hesitation,
Corporal Dunham threw himself on the grenade and used his body to bear
the brunt of the explosion, shielding his Marines from the blast."

An officer would've thrown the insurgent on the grenade, thereby saving
both himself and his men.

--
Pd
posted to alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising

"JohnM" wrote in message

"Edgar" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

We never had the _right_ to bear arms like in the US constitution.
After the security tightening all licensed holders of shotgun or other
gun permits had to show real need to be allowed to keep them. Reputable
gunshop businesses were forced to close and a couple of owners of them
committed suicide as their livelihood was taken away without
compensatioon.
Many shotgun owners like myself voluntarily gave up our shotguns to the
police for destruction because for the sake of the occasional vermin
shoot we could not be arsed to cope with all the bureaucracy. But the
criminals did not give up their guns and gun crime in UK has increased
ever since.

So you'd rather have the US system? Look at the figures and think about
it.
The British health system is flawed too but would you want to swap it for
the US one?

No, I would not prefer the US system. I would have preferred that the
British police left people alone who were law-abiding citizens using guns
for sport, and wish that when they were advised that one of these citizens
is developing worrying behaviour patterns they had taken appropriate action
which would have saved many children and one teacher's lives.
As to the health service, no. I would not swap the British one for the US
system but the British one is heavily flawed by excessive bureaucracy. They
should let the medical staff ahve more power and should never have got rid
of the famous post of Matron who had total control of nursing and what went
on in the wards. Now even cleaning is contracted out and you stand a good
chance of contracting MRSA bugs in the hospitals.
My wife and I got fed up with the situation successive governments have
brought to the UK. It is unrecognisable as the country I was brought up in
and accordingly at a somewhat advanced age we emigrated four years ago to a
country where everything still works like clockwork and the health service
puts that of the UK to shame. Since we came here four years ago I have not
once been back.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message news
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 06:14:04 -0700, Joe wrote:

[...]

What's that got to do with uk.rec.sailing?
Go and cross post your trolls somewhere else.

Sort yourself out, mate. This is not uk.rec.sailing ng

posted to alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising
You You is offline

In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:

Me wrote:
Bzzzt, Wrong answer, Would you like to try for what is behind
Curtain #3????

Hydrogen burns with an "Almost Invisible Flame" in the near UltraViolet
Region of the Color Spectrum. The Flames seen at the Hindenberg Disaster
were significantly "Yellow" in Spectrum, which shows that the majority
of the visibale flames were from other substances burning, like the
Aluminized Doped Fabric of the Outer Covering, and the Rubberized
GasBags, themselves.

Me who at least can read a ColoromMeter......

How do you know the flames were yellow, when the pictures were all
monochrome?

Andy

I witness accounts..... duh.....

posted to alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising

You wrote:
In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:

Me wrote:
Bzzzt, Wrong answer, Would you like to try for what is behind
Curtain #3????

Hydrogen burns with an "Almost Invisible Flame" in the near UltraViolet
Region of the Color Spectrum. The Flames seen at the Hindenberg Disaster
were significantly "Yellow" in Spectrum, which shows that the majority
of the visibale flames were from other substances burning, like the
Aluminized Doped Fabric of the Outer Covering, and the Rubberized
GasBags, themselves.

Me who at least can read a ColoromMeter......

How do you know the flames were yellow, when the pictures were all
monochrome?

Andy

I witness accounts..... duh.....

No need to try to sound like Wilma. Just give me a reference.

Andy
posted to alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising
Reg Reg is offline

"You" wrote in message

I witness accounts..... duh.....

Is that the same as ewe witness accounts or are you an auditor ?

posted to alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:03:49 +0100, "Duncan Heenan"
wrote this crap:

How much did you pay for your diploma then Whorvath?

$99 but my military awards are priceless.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
posted to alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:23:46 GMT, You wrote this
crap:

Me who at least can read a ColoromMeter......

How do you know the flames were yellow, when the pictures were all
monochrome?

Andy

I witness accounts..... duh.....

But all the people who were there, are dead.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.
posted to alt.sailing.asa,uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising

"Reg" notbody@ffggl,mbk wrote in message
. ..

"You" wrote in message

I witness accounts..... duh.....

Is that the same as ewe witness accounts or are you an auditor ?

That was a sheepish response.