posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Squall capsizes catamaran

"Thomas Galbraith, 60, and his wife Stanna Galbraith, 58, both of
Durango, Colo., were sailing from Isla Mujeres, Mexico, to Anclote,
Fla., a when their 35-foot catamaran, Paradox, hit a squall and
capsized."

http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/586/153892/

You couldn't pay me enough to go to sea in a catamaran.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

* Wilbur Hubbard wrote, On 8/15/2007 4:05 PM:
"Thomas Galbraith, 60, and his wife Stanna Galbraith, 58, both of
Durango, Colo., were sailing from Isla Mujeres, Mexico, to Anclote,
Fla., a when their 35-foot catamaran, Paradox, hit a squall and capsized."

http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/586/153892/

More old history. This is an interesting case of a cat that actually
capsized twice. The current owners had salvaged it, and re-rigged it,
I believe with a larger rig. The result was a boat that couldn't
withstand 45 knots under full sail. This, BTW, is the design criteria
of many cruising cats, but the Tobago is a lighter boat than most
cruisers (8000 lbs) and carries a lot of sail. The couple survived
nicely in the inverted cat, and realizing that the EPIRB hadn't
worked, they drilled a hole in the boat and stuck the antennae so they
were rescued.

You couldn't pay me enough to go to sea in a catamaran.

Why would I pay you anything?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jeff" wrote in

Why would I pay you anything?

to get lost?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

My first charter was a Tabago 35. I still think it was the fastest
cat we have ever chartered.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ringmaster" wrote in message
ps.com...
My first charter was a Tabago 35. I still think it was the fastest
cat we have ever chartered.

I really liked the Athena 38. Chartered one in BVI a couple of years ago.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

I really liked the Gaybo 38. Chartered one in BVI a couple of years ago.
I had a really tight time.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

T M I

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Ringmaster" wrote in message
ps.com...
My first charter was a Tabago 35. I still think it was the fastest
cat we have ever chartered.

I really liked the Athena 38. Chartered one in BVI a couple of years
ago. I had a gay old time

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com