posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Etchells Repair Work Pictures

On Aug 7, 2:42 am, OzOne wrote:
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 07:13:54 -0700, Bart
scribbled thusly:

Hull number is 83. The boat was built in 1973 or so. So it has
seen better days.

Oh OK...she's a grand old lady then.
My first Etchells was in the high 600's.

Thanks for the tip about waxing the threads. That is a good
idea.

I would use your method if I was re-bedding my hardware. I choose
to put the bigger pieces in there because I had the material
handy.

I still believe in letting the water through on an open boat like
this. There is no risk of damaging anything else inside the
boat. However, here in Connecticut, freezing action is a serioius
concern. Any water in between the deck anywhere can
start a crack when frozen, and that will lead to more extensive
damage. Do you have freezing weather where you live?

Yeah, I understand what you're getting at, but if you don't seal the
lower ends, water can and will wick up along the thread and do the
damage you fear.
We get only a few heavy frosts each year, no freezing temps.

If it wicks up, it will have nowhere to go. I'll have solid glass
for several inches in any direction. I don't see how I can get
wet core with my method, even if I leave it out uncovered all
winter--not that I would.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 8, 8:16 am, OzOne wrote:
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:17:30 -0700, Bart
scribbled thusly:

On Aug 6, 10:17 am, Bart wrote:
Oz,

Do you have any pictures of your Jib fine trim
rigging?

Bart

Never mind Oz, I found it on the Harken web
site. They have a neat arrangement. I plan to
use it.

http://www.harken.com/rigtips/etchells22.php

Also a good mast mover system. Another thing
I need to rig.

The last thing I'm looking for is a mast butt
mover. Do you know where I can buy one?
Or do I have to build my own?

Yep, they were the ones I'd have pointed yo toward.
Designed by a guy in my club IIRC and picked up by Harken.

Really?

Trailer Repair work needed in Austin, TX GSS General 2 January 3rd 05 02:41 PM
Trailer Repair work needed in Austin, TX GSS Boat Building 2 January 3rd 05 02:41 PM
etchells gonefishiing ASA 2 July 29th 04 12:56 AM
canvas work and repair Monarch Canvas Cruising 8 April 1st 04 11:45 PM
Etchells Simple Simon ASA 0 July 9th 03 12:39 PM