gonefishiing

Default etchells

our club has an etchells for members use
any tips on sailing it/what to watch out for.

my experience is mostly cruising boats.

thanks
gf.

gonefishiing

Oz,
thanks for the links and info
will follow up and let ya know how it goes
she's a beautiful boat

gf.

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:05:23 -0400, "gonefishiing"
scribbled thusly:

our club has an etchells for members use
any tips on sailing it/what to watch out for.

my experience is mostly cruising boats.

thanks
gf.

For a beginner....
Keep all the chocks in front of the mast
Don't over tighten the forestay if in doubt. ease it
Allow the forestay to sag about 6"
Sheet the jib between the bands marked on the spreaders
Steer it with mainsail leech tension not the tiller.

Oh and if you need to duck a starboard tack boat, let heaps of main go
because otherwise you will not be able to pull away and it will not
get better from there!

Go here
http://www.northsailsod.com/class/et...s_experts.html

http://www.quantumsails.com/products...?PLID=4&CID=45

for starters and read the tuning guides and anything else you can
find.

They are a very easy boat to sail, but extremely difficult to get the
best out them.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

gonefishiing

i shall
and always do
gf.

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:36:29 -0400, "gonefishiing"
scribbled thusly:

Oz,
thanks for the links and info
will follow up and let ya know how it goes
she's a beautiful boat

gf.

They are all.
Treat her kindly.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

OZ, Etchells Question Bart Senior ASA 1 July 28th 04 05:22 PM
Mid-Term Project Reports Due Bart Senior ASA 0 June 16th 04 04:55 AM
Advanced Question [ 10 points ] Bart Senior ASA 6 May 21st 04 03:49 AM
Who will be in the water first? N1EE ASA 59 April 18th 04 11:29 PM
Etchells Simple Simon ASA 0 July 9th 03 12:39 PM