posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default The Fastest Car...Max

Hey, Max....

I went stage two on the exhaust and program on the Legacy Turbo. So
without getting into the specifics yet...

0-60 in 4.75 (Though not until I upgrade the rubber)
1/4 mile in 12.95

Those are typical numbers. Considering the AWD system, she's now a
serious killer. Small suspension mods are next. Everything can be
undone in about an hour for warranty work.
Bottom line is that a very quick car has now graduated to over 305 HP
and she's a lot of fun. Switch the SI system to "I" and she drops to
210 HP and acts like a regular car.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey, Max....

I went stage two on the exhaust and program on the Legacy Turbo. So
without getting into the specifics yet...

0-60 in 4.75 (Though not until I upgrade the rubber)
1/4 mile in 12.95

Those are typical numbers.

Highly unlikely. When you see such numbers, they are usually the best
anyone could turn in over several dozen trials. Generally takes a
lightweight kid with two gallons of gas in the tank and the spare tire and
jack lying on the side of the road.

Considering the AWD system, she's now a
serious killer. Small suspension mods are next. Everything can be
undone in about an hour for warranty work.
Bottom line is that a very quick car has now graduated to over 305 HP
and she's a lot of fun. Switch the SI system to "I" and she drops to
210 HP and acts like a regular car.

Even with the extra power it's still a "regular car." Now if my damned
Exige Sport would ever get here, I could show you a real car.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Highly unlikely. When you see such numbers, they are usually the
best
anyone could turn in over several dozen trials. Generally takes a
lightweight kid with two gallons of gas in the tank and the spare tire
and
jack lying on the side of the road.

Nope. Plenty of folks do better than those numbers. That's an average
I posted. Stage two with the catback is aggressive and the program
adds a lot of HP on it's own. I've driven the car and it's close to M3
level. Actually, my buddy with the M3 prefers my car for the AWD
hookup. The AWD launch is brutal and fun and you can take a lot of
faster cars unless they have a perfect RWD launch. BTW, Stage 3 mods
on the LGT are really impressive and near supercar numbers, but you
spend enough money at that point that you should just buy a faster car
to start with.

Even with the extra power it's still a "regular car." Now if my
damned
Exige Sport would ever get here, I could show you a real car.

I've driven an Elise, Cayman S and even a Audi RS4. I can't deal with
the Elise legroom, but I loved the handling. The RS4 is amazingly
fast, but feels disconnected from the road on a very refined level
where a Cayman feels better. My modded LGT now slots in as faster than
the Elise or Cayman S, but lacks that kind of handling. Still, you can
call a sub 5 second AWD sedan a regular car, but you won't find many
enthusiasts who agree. I now have STI level power and after some
suspension tweaks and TR tires, I'll have the handling....and still
have a car that can handle the snow! Better still, the LGT is a great
Q car that does not scream out for attention. The RS4 is equally nice
on that level.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bob's been watching Tokyo Drift too many times.

SBV
"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

oups.com..
..
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bob's been watching Tokyo Drift too many times.

Terrible car movie.
The best car movies ever made...meaning cars were just about the
focus....

Mad Max
The Road Warrior

and of course....

The 1971 version of Vanishing Point!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bob's been watching Tokyo Drift too many times.

Terrible car movie.
The best car movies ever made...meaning cars were just about the
focus....

Mad Max
The Road Warrior

and of course....

The 1971 version of Vanishing Point!

Best was Smash Palace, right Oz?

Max

The Fastest Boats Capt. Rob ASA 36 December 2nd 05 01:14 PM
fastest production monohull (non-displacement , non -sailboard)? Harken Ronstan General 41 January 8th 04 07:46 PM
U.S. 3rd-Qtr GDP Grew at 8.2% Rate, Fastest Since '84 Joe General 16 December 2nd 03 01:46 PM
largest, fastest trailerable cruiser Harlan Lachman General 10 December 2nd 03 12:53 AM
J22 geometrically fastest upwind haul Jerry Sievers General 2 July 12th 03 01:25 PM