posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default The Fastest Car...Max

Highly unlikely. When you see such numbers, they are usually the
best
anyone could turn in over several dozen trials. Generally takes a
lightweight kid with two gallons of gas in the tank and the spare tire
and
jack lying on the side of the road.

Nope. Plenty of folks do better than those numbers. That's an average
I posted. Stage two with the catback is aggressive and the program
adds a lot of HP on it's own. I've driven the car and it's close to M3
level. Actually, my buddy with the M3 prefers my car for the AWD
hookup. The AWD launch is brutal and fun and you can take a lot of
faster cars unless they have a perfect RWD launch. BTW, Stage 3 mods
on the LGT are really impressive and near supercar numbers, but you
spend enough money at that point that you should just buy a faster car
to start with.

Even with the extra power it's still a "regular car." Now if my
damned
Exige Sport would ever get here, I could show you a real car.

I've driven an Elise, Cayman S and even a Audi RS4. I can't deal with
the Elise legroom, but I loved the handling. The RS4 is amazingly
fast, but feels disconnected from the road on a very refined level
where a Cayman feels better. My modded LGT now slots in as faster than
the Elise or Cayman S, but lacks that kind of handling. Still, you can
call a sub 5 second AWD sedan a regular car, but you won't find many
enthusiasts who agree. I now have STI level power and after some
suspension tweaks and TR tires, I'll have the handling....and still
have a car that can handle the snow! Better still, the LGT is a great
Q car that does not scream out for attention. The RS4 is equally nice
on that level.

RB
35s5
NY