posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

Default Pround Mac26X owner again

"Edgar" wrote in message

"Ed Gordon" wrote in message
Female names are for ships of the line like in the old English wooden
navy days.

Yes, right. You mean names like 'Indomitable', 'Victory', 'Invincible',
'Nonsuch', 'Terror', 'Formidable' and suchlike I assume. Women like that
would scare the hell out of me.

Good to know that you know your place in the grand scheme of things.

"Formidable Karin"

:-D

Edgar wrote:
Yes, right. You mean names like 'Indomitable', 'Victory', 'Invincible',
'Nonsuch', 'Terror', 'Formidable' and suchlike I assume. Women like that
would scare the hell out of me.

You missed the ever popular "Dreadnought".

"Steve Thrasher" wrote in message
Edgar wrote:
Yes, right. You mean names like 'Indomitable', 'Victory', 'Invincible',
'Nonsuch', 'Terror', 'Formidable' and suchlike I assume. Women like that
would scare the hell out of me.

You missed the ever popular "Dreadnought".

"Dreadnought"is a generic term for large war ships, not a name.

Edgar wrote:
Yes, right. You mean names like 'Indomitable', 'Victory', 'Invincible',
'Nonsuch', 'Terror', 'Formidable' and suchlike I assume. Women like that
would scare the hell out of me.

You missed the ever popular "Dreadnought".

"Dreadnought"is a generic term for large war ships, not a name.

No kidding? What a shock. I must've opened the wrong Schrodinger box
and now I'm in a different quantum. Where I come from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Dreadnought_(1906)

Capt. Lewry wrote:

"Dreadnought"is a generic term for large war ships, not a name.

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/s...-d/drednt9.htm

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 08:59:33 -0400, "Ed Gordon"
wrote:

Thanks but no thanks. Those names are stupid sounding.

Sorry, I was trying to think of "descriptive" names for a small boat
not built for blue water sailing but out there anyway.

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 21:04:03 -0500, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

Sorry, I was trying to think of "descriptive" names for a small boat
not built for blue water sailing but out there anyway.

"Miss Tayke"

Heh, good one.
posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Bob Bob is offline

On Jul 1, 1:21 pm, "Ed Gordon" wrote:
Well, I did it. I'm now the proud re-owner of a Mac 26X and a fine one
she is if I must say so myself. I got her at a real bargain basement
price, yes siree! Before I launch her for the first time I've got a
couple things I want to do. First is to rename her. I don't like the
present name at all.

I'm torn between a couple of different names.

1) Symbiosis (comment on how well sail and power are built into one
boat)
2) Sea's Son (double entendre)
3) Sensibility (descriptive)
4) Plaid Power (rather Scottish a compliment on MacGregor, I guess he's
Scottish)

What one do you think is best?

Dont forget the ever popular:

Blow Job
Wet Spot
Breakin WInd

Bob

posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising

"Ed Gordon" wrote in message

I've got it down
to between "Senseless" or "Stupidity".
I think either of these two names fit a Mac26X

it says more about the sailor, than the boat.