posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default On a serious note

Add to this that he is an admitted pathological liar, who brags about
making fools of people that believed him, and there's little to be
gained by taking anything he says seriously.

So...I'm a pathological liar who has never raced or cruised?
Oh. Are you sure?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Add to this that he is an admitted pathological liar, who brags about
making fools of people that believed him, and there's little to be
gained by taking anything he says seriously.

So...I'm a pathological liar who has never raced or cruised?
Oh. Are you sure?

RB
35s5
NY

I'll second the pathological liar part. You may have entered a race or been
part of a crew but that is the exception. Same with cruising. There is no
doubt about the lying though. You lied outright on the Kew Gardens forum and
several others. It's not just here you do it. I know someone who went to
High School with you. He confirms what everyone suspects.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I know someone who went to
High School with you. He confirms what everyone suspects.

That I was secretly dating my social studies teacher? I knew it would
come out eventually. Miss Hart was smoking hot, though quite short. I
still think of her to this very day.
You're right about me racing as part of a crew. Can you let us all
know when it's possible to race on a boat and NOT be part of the crew?

Crew: b : the whole company belonging to a ship including the officers
and master/captain.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 6/27/2007 12:09 AM:
You're right about me racing as part of a crew. Can you let us all
know when it's possible to race on a boat and NOT be part of the crew?

Crewing on a couple of minor races does not mean that *you* race.
Being a regular crew for a season, or skippering your own boat starts
you down that path.

Similarly, going out for 3 or 4 days in Long Island Sound a couple of
times does not make you a cruiser. Yes, you allegedly took one
week-long cruise that actually got you 80 miles from home. But that
was 5 years ago.

Again, I'm not finding fault in your modest accomplishments. I'm
claiming that they do not give you any credibility in the areas of
racing or cruising.

Crew: b : the whole company belonging to a ship including the officers
and master/captain.

Ah! The "Websters" defense! You certainly earned the respect of
racers around the world with that!

So, are you claiming that if you flew left seat once in a small plane,
you're a pilot?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:55:33 -0600, "Bob Crantz"
wrote:

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Add to this that he is an admitted pathological liar, who brags about
making fools of people that believed him, and there's little to be
gained by taking anything he says seriously.

So...I'm a pathological liar who has never raced or cruised?
Oh. Are you sure?

RB
35s5
NY

I'll second the pathological liar part.

True, however, you need to give credit where credit is due. No one
slips a hook better than BS. I've tried subtle and direct, and I've
yet to have hooked him. Others on this forum will snap at any bait
that goes by, but not BS.

Frank

You may have entered a race or been
part of a crew but that is the exception. Same with cruising. There is no
doubt about the lying though. You lied outright on the Kew Gardens forum and
several others. It's not just here you do it. I know someone who went to
High School with you. He confirms what everyone suspects.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Vic Smith" wrote in
message ...

I was under the impression that Capt. Rob sails more than

anybody who
frequently posts here. Is that a wrong impression?

very wrong!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..

So, are you claiming that if you flew left seat once in a small plane,
you're a pilot?

No, he would claim he owns the plane.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

I'll second the pathological liar part.

True, however, you need to give credit where credit is due. No one
slips a hook better than BS. I've tried subtle and direct, and I've
yet to have hooked him. Others on this forum will snap at any bait
that goes by, but not BS.

Frank

Frank, try this:

Vroom! Vroooom!!!! Vroooooom!!!!!!! That's the sound of a Toyota Corolla
engine powering a Lotus Supercar! Vroooooom!!!!!!! Subaru couldn't even
give them an engine to put in the Lotus. Lotus had many choices, but Corolla
won hands down! They beat all of Subarus engines, every one include the
turbos! Vrooooom!!!!! Vroooom!!!!!!!!!

Corolla: Powering today's supercars! Vroooom!!!!!!

Subaru: Powering the Impreza! Klunk!

Did you notice in Rob's sailing video the sail trim was incorrect because
the sail was cut wrong? Not many picked up on that but I did. Go back and
look. There's no way to fix the top of that sail!

Moo-hoo-haa-haa!!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Corolla: Powering today's supercars! Vroooom!!!!!!
0-60 in 5.1 seconds. Seats 2 people and no AWD

Subaru: Powering the Impreza STI! Klunk!
0-60 in 4.6 seconds. Seats 5 people and AWD

The STI is already an automotive legend. Only the Evo comes close or
does better in AWD.

Sorry!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

* Bob Crantz wrote, On 6/27/2007 6:54 PM:
"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..

So, are you claiming that if you flew left seat once in a small plane,
you're a pilot?

No, he would claim he owns the plane.

And he got it for free.