posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default On a serious note

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 6/27/2007 12:09 AM:
You're right about me racing as part of a crew. Can you let us all
know when it's possible to race on a boat and NOT be part of the crew?

Crewing on a couple of minor races does not mean that *you* race.
Being a regular crew for a season, or skippering your own boat starts
you down that path.

Similarly, going out for 3 or 4 days in Long Island Sound a couple of
times does not make you a cruiser. Yes, you allegedly took one
week-long cruise that actually got you 80 miles from home. But that
was 5 years ago.

Again, I'm not finding fault in your modest accomplishments. I'm
claiming that they do not give you any credibility in the areas of
racing or cruising.

Crew: b : the whole company belonging to a ship including the officers
and master/captain.

Ah! The "Websters" defense! You certainly earned the respect of
racers around the world with that!

So, are you claiming that if you flew left seat once in a small plane,
you're a pilot?