posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 50GT master of steam, motor or auxiliary sail, OUPV near coastal with towing

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 20, 12:20 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
It's official. I now hold a masters ticket... lots of work to get it,
but
well worth it.

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/USCG_50GTs.jpg

--
"j" ganz

Congratulations Jon. You are a worth addition to the ranks of
Captains. The more sharp Captains like you, the better.

There is a fellow with Asperger's at the club who wants his
ticket. No one sails with him more than once, I find it
frightening that there is no good way to screen out the
dangerous oddballs.

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html

I've seen some other posts here where this guy posted about using all
different kinds of illegal drugs. Why would you call somebody who
admits abusing illegal drugs worthy of being a Captain? If somebody who
abuses drugs is "sharp" I'd hate to see a "dull" Captain.

I always thought people who had a Captain's license were professionals
and honest and above board. I always thought people steering those big
ships were straight shooters and responsible. Now I find out even drug
abusers can get a ship captain license. I'm quite disappointed. I am!
The guy says he has LSD flashbacks all the time. What if he had one at
the wheel and ran somebody over? They fire airline pilots for being
drunk. I guess it's OK to be high on drugs?

I believe in high standards. But, I guess these days high standards
means being high?

Greg

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Horvath" wrote in message
. com...
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:20:06 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote this crap:

It's official. I now hold a master baiter's liscense... lots of work to
get it, but
well worth it.

You just have to gay-up every post, don't

This post is 100% free of steroids

You're plonked. Congratulations!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
It's official. I now hold a masters ticket... lots of work to get it, but
well worth it.

Congratulations, Jon. But I'm not sure I'd have announced it here. Neal
is going to be all over you on the purported drug thing.

Max

Who cares? Only Neal. I'm not going to muzzled by some low-life.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
Congrats.

why?

SV
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
It's official. I now hold a masters ticket... lots of work

to get it, but
well worth it.

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/USCG_50GTs.jpg

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Why was it worth it? The same way graduating from hs, college, masters
program.. and I'll probably actually use it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 20, 12:20 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
It's official. I now hold a masters ticket... lots of work to get it, but
well worth it.

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/USCG_50GTs.jpg

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment.

Now, when those frieghters in the Bay are about to run over you, you
can board them and take over.

DSK

Heh...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

It's official. I now hold a masters ticket... lots of work to get it, but
well worth it.

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/USCG_50GTs.jpg

Now you can Captain this thing:

Thanks for the message!....plonk.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 19, 11:20 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
It's official. I now hold a masters ticket... lots of work to get it, but
well worth it.

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/USCG_50GTs.jpg

--
"j" ganz

Congrat Jon, what are you going to do with the licences?

Only another 1,550 tons and you will be a real Captain and not a
throttle jockey.;0)

Joe

I'm not sure yet... I'm thinking about several different things... not sure
if I want to run a ferry, but there are plenty of SVs that might be worth
looking at.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 20, 12:20 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
It's official. I now hold a masters ticket... lots of work to get it, but
well worth it.

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/USCG_50GTs.jpg

--
"j" ganz

Congratulations Jon. You are a worth addition to the ranks of
Captains. The more sharp Captains like you, the better.

There is a fellow with Asperger's at the club who wants his
ticket. No one sails with him more than once, I find it
frightening that there is no good way to screen out the
dangerous oddballs.

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html

I have a cousin who has that condition... not fun to be around.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I'm not sure yet... I'm thinking about several different things... not
sure if I want to run a ferry, but there are plenty of SVs that might be
worth looking at.

Could send your resume he

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...i=lmd&z=14&t=m

Don't laugh or get angry. They know how to party, treat others well and are
GREAT tippers. The Gay Community is great clientele. You may even make some
new life long friends.

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

It's official. I now hold a masters ticket... lots of work to get it,
but well worth it.

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/USCG_50GTs.jpg

I'm no expert but I looked at that license and something's crooked about
it. The "US Merchant Marine Officer" is on a slant. I know a photoshop
job when I see one.

--
Cheerio,
Ed Gordon