posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gregory Hall Gregory Hall is offline

Default 50GT master of steam, motor or auxiliary sail, OUPV near coastal with towing

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 20, 12:20 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
It's official. I now hold a masters ticket... lots of work to get it,
but
well worth it.

http://www.sailnow.com/gifs/USCG_50GTs.jpg

--
"j" ganz

Congratulations Jon. You are a worth addition to the ranks of
Captains. The more sharp Captains like you, the better.

There is a fellow with Asperger's at the club who wants his
ticket. No one sails with him more than once, I find it
frightening that there is no good way to screen out the
dangerous oddballs.

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html

I've seen some other posts here where this guy posted about using all
different kinds of illegal drugs. Why would you call somebody who
admits abusing illegal drugs worthy of being a Captain? If somebody who
abuses drugs is "sharp" I'd hate to see a "dull" Captain.

I always thought people who had a Captain's license were professionals
and honest and above board. I always thought people steering those big
ships were straight shooters and responsible. Now I find out even drug
abusers can get a ship captain license. I'm quite disappointed. I am!
The guy says he has LSD flashbacks all the time. What if he had one at
the wheel and ran somebody over? They fire airline pilots for being
drunk. I guess it's OK to be high on drugs?

I believe in high standards. But, I guess these days high standards
means being high?

Greg