posted to alt.sailing,alt.sailing.asa,aus.sport.sailing,uk.rec.sailing

Default So.. what did the Romans do for us? (was lanteen sails)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:36:49 +0000, Duncan Heenan wrote:

Latin, you were lucky. Why, when I were a lad we had to cope with
Assyrian.......

Assyrian? Assyrian? When I were a lad we had cuneiform tablets and Linear
B - we'd have been grateful for bloody Assyrian.

Ian
posted to alt.sailing,alt.sailing.asa,aus.sport.sailing,uk.rec.sailing

"Ian Johnston" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:36:49 +0000, Duncan Heenan wrote:

Latin, you were lucky. Why, when I were a lad we had to cope with
Assyrian.......

Assyrian? Assyrian? When I were a lad we had cuneiform tablets and Linear
B - we'd have been grateful for bloody Assyrian.

Ian

Aye! That Rosetta Stone were a right little cracker weren't she!?
I wonder what she's doing nowadays?

Ian Johnston wrote:

When I were a lad we had cuneiform tablets

Self-labelling pills? Neat!

posted to alt.sailing,alt.sailing.asa,aus.sport.sailing,uk.rec.sailing

"Duncan Heenan" wrote...

Latin, you were lucky. Why, when I were a lad we had to cope with
Assyrian.......

Assyrian? Assyrian? When I were a lad we had cuneiform tablets and Linear
B - we'd have been grateful for bloody Assyrian.

Aye! That Rosetta Stone were a right little cracker weren't she!?
I wonder what she's doing nowadays?

She was never the same after I hit her over the head with my club and
dragged her into my cave! She couldn't even understand the petroglyphs I
tried to teach her!

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:22:17 -0700, John Weiss wrote:

She couldn't even understand the petroglyphs I tried to teach her!

Weren't they renamed Leninglyphs for a while?

Ian

posted to alt.sailing,alt.sailing.asa,aus.sport.sailing,uk.rec.sailing

"Ian Johnston" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:22:17 -0700, John Weiss wrote:

She couldn't even understand the petroglyphs I tried to teach her!

Weren't they renamed Leninglyphs for a while?

Ian

So it's true! It was a St. Peters berg which sunk the Titanic. I knew it
couldn't have been the Icini, they always observed the rules of the woad..

Duncan Heenan wrote:
"Ian Johnston" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:22:17 -0700, John Weiss wrote:

She couldn't even understand the petroglyphs I tried to teach her!

Weren't they renamed Leninglyphs for a while?

Ian

So it's true! It was a St. Peters berg which sunk the Titanic. I knew it
couldn't have been the Icini, they always observed the rules of the woad..

Icini?

Hang on, I've been here... shut up Andy...

Andy
posted to alt.sailing,alt.sailing.asa,aus.sport.sailing,uk.rec.sailing

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
news
Duncan Heenan wrote:
"Ian Johnston" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:22:17 -0700, John Weiss wrote:

She couldn't even understand the petroglyphs I tried to teach her!
Weren't they renamed Leninglyphs for a while?

Ian

So it's true! It was a St. Peters berg which sunk the Titanic. I knew it
couldn't have been the Icini, they always observed the rules of the
woad..

Icini?

Hang on, I've been here... shut up Andy...

Andy

Mornington Crescent!

Duncan Heenan wrote:
"Ian Johnston" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:22:17 -0700, John Weiss wrote:

She couldn't even understand the petroglyphs I tried to teach her!

Weren't they renamed Leninglyphs for a while?

Ian

So it's true! It was a St. Peters berg which sunk the Titanic. I knew
it couldn't have been the Icini, they always observed the rules of
the woad..

Duncan, You are a very funny and clever poster! Thank-you for several; good
belly laughs!

--
Sincerely,
Quilljar

lanteen sails Jewel General 56 March 21st 07 12:02 PM
Buying Used Sails Maxprop ASA 0 February 4th 07 04:32 PM
Our New Sails....on the way! Capt. Rob ASA 32 October 14th 06 09:21 PM
Evaluating old sails DSK Cruising 15 December 27th 05 07:13 AM
The Compleat FAQ for alt.sailing.asa JG ASA 48 January 6th 05 04:18 AM