posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Help for Old Thom....

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:03:29 -0500, Maxprop wrote
(in article . net):

Your model for this NG would be about as interesting as watching two
octogenarians having sex--it would last about 15 seconds before experiencing
total exhaustion, and be boring beyond belief, not to mention repugnant.

Actually I have no model for this news group or any others. As far as
octogenarians having sex...... Ol" Thom....want to pipe in here?

My point, (as dull as it may be) is that with out the trolls there is nothing
left. I enjoy the devils advocate position taken by the few who care enough
to go to the trouble of setting up dummy accounts to wake our lazy atrophied
brains up. The conversation ultimately deteriorates to one line dribble and
half felt responses. The regs have become like old married couples, lacking
in the passion that once made them attractive. Maybe it is time for some
fresh blood (puppet or otherwise). I welcome a bit of hybrid vigor.. I think.

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Mundo" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

Then might I suggest you 'mate' with someone from another NG and your
'offspring' should fill the hybrid vigor bill nicely.

Actually I agree with you. This NG lacks much of the vinegar in which it
was once bathed. Bubbles did a pretty good job of stirring things up, and
his departure has left the regulars floundering about, attempting to get a
rise out of someone, anyone, but failing.

But I believe the chief problem was brought about by Neal and LP, who
invited the flonkers over to pollute this NG with crossposting and
thoughtless, pointless bull****. They blame Ganz and Katy for netkkkopping
them, but that's akin to attributing blame to the deceased for being an
asshole, forcing you to shoot him.

Time is running out for ASA. My prediction is that the regulars will be
gone in a year or so and few but the flonkers will remain, only because they
crosspost to this NG with uncanny oblivion.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:02:03 -0500, Maxprop wrote
(in article . net):

Time is running out for ASA. My prediction is that the regulars will be gone

in a year or so and few but the flonkers will remain, only because they
crosspost to this NG with uncanny oblivion.

As an evolutionist I have to disagree with you. This news group is evolving
constantly. Every time a new person joins/leaves, he/she changes the genes of
the group. I welcome the flonkers. Usenet is quickly becoming a thing of the
past. Most new users of computers have no idea this is out here. All that is
left out here is a few diehards and a bunch of tweekers and geeks. I looked
thru some of the news groups I used to belong to and they are empty...may as
well be gone. Nothing but porn site and religious postings. A vast
wastleand. ASA is just another village waiting for oblivion.

Until then I will dice with the flonkers, the regs, and the puppets....

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Mundo" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

Rather sounds as if you're supporting my opinion. With what part of my
premise do you disagree?

Until then I will dice with the flonkers, the regs, and the puppets....

I've filtered all the flonkers, and continue to do so as they appear. What
is left is a smattering of a dozen or more regulars, and they seem to be
losing interest. Frankly I'm at the threshold of my boredom tolerance as
well. Over the past several months I've departed and checked back in from
time to time. Come Spring, when the boats splash, the regulars become less
and less active.

I stand by my premise that this NG will belong only to the flonkers, by
default, in a year or so. Oddly enough you seem to agree.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:48:26 -0500, Maxprop wrote
(in article . net):

"Mundo" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

I agree. ASA is a winter sport. Another month and I will be sailing again.
My season is march-june and sept thru jan. To hot on the bay to enjoy sailing
in the summer. In fact sailing on the bay during the summer months is not
unlike communicating on asa. Lots of hot air and the flies are
unbearable......

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 15:15:17 -0500, Scotty wrote
(in article ):

"Mundo" wrote in message

Until then I will dice with the flonkers, the regs, and

the puppets....

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

My position is do unto others..... Get my drift.. (nautical term) What does
it really matter.. One big community. The alternative is a closed yahoo group
or something equally moderated. No one wants that.. or do they. Every time I
return the group is more watered down. I expect it will be gone like the
other sailing groups soon.
It is not that I am apathetic.... I just don't really care...lol
--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Mundo" wrote in message

Until then I will dice with the flonkers, the regs, and

the puppets....

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

Hey..Scotty, Do you still know how to get a hold of me? Send me seahags email
and yours.

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article ,
Mundo wrote:
My position is do unto others..... Get my drift.. (nautical term) What does
it really matter.. One big community. The alternative is a closed yahoo group
or something equally moderated. No one wants that.. or do they. Every time I
return the group is more watered down. I expect it will be gone like the
other sailing groups soon.

Unfortunately, doing unto others via cross posting isn't doing
anything except what these bozos want you to do. A big city is also
one big community, but do you really want to hang out with the
low-lifes? (I know Scotty does, but....) g

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Mundo" wrote in message

Hey..Scotty, Do you still know how to get a hold of me?

Send me seahags email
and yours.

I did. Two weeks ago. To the addy you had in Oct, 2004. Has
it changed?

SV

Lesson for Old Thom Capt. Rob ASA 15 November 8th 05 03:18 AM
Here ya go, Thom Capt. Rob ASA 17 November 3rd 05 11:23 PM
Some Thoughts on Ol Thom Captain Lon ASA 13 April 11th 05 01:16 AM
Pilothouse/Ole Thom katysails ASA 6 January 8th 05 01:14 AM
OLE THOM IN ACTION Bob Crantz ASA 1 July 7th 04 06:10 AM