Captain Lon

Default Some Thoughts on Ol Thom

Thom has done a pretty good job in this NG trying to keep it focused on
sailing. Lately it seems he is about the only one who is sailing. He, for
the most part, has done an admirable job. On occasion, however, he does go
overboard and turn himself into some sort of net cop, trying to police what
is said, and how it is said. IMHO that is taking it too far, and that is
not his place. But, again, I think for the most part he has been a huge
asset to this NG.

Yesterday I wrote some things regarding Thom that I now regret. Thom, I
apologize. I take it all back.

Captain Lon
--
"Rock stars! Is there anything they don't know?" Homer Simpson

Capt. Mooron

I concur... and you have shown yourself to be a gentleman and a man of
honour with this apology.

If only more of the posters here would follow suit......

CM

"Captain Lon" wrote in message
Thom has done a pretty good job in this NG trying to keep it focused on
sailing. Lately it seems he is about the only one who is sailing. He,
for the most part, has done an admirable job. On occasion, however, he
does go overboard and turn himself into some sort of net cop, trying to
police what is said, and how it is said. IMHO that is taking it too far,
and that is not his place. But, again, I think for the most part he has
been a huge asset to this NG.

Yesterday I wrote some things regarding Thom that I now regret. Thom, I
apologize. I take it all back.

Captain Lon
--
"Rock stars! Is there anything they don't know?" Homer Simpson

Scotty

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
I concur... and you have shown yourself to be a gentleman and a man

of
honour with this apology.

If only more of the posters here would follow suit......

Did you have a particular Canadian in mind?

Scotty

Joshua Slocum

"Captain Lon" wrote in

Thom has done a pretty good job in this NG trying to keep it
focused on sailing. Lately it seems he is about the only one
who is sailing. He, for the most part, has done an admirable
job. On occasion, however, he does go overboard and turn
himself into some sort of net cop, trying to police what is
said, and how it is said. IMHO that is taking it too far, and
that is not his place. But, again, I think for the most part
he has been a huge asset to this NG.

Yesterday I wrote some things regarding Thom that I now
regret. Thom, I apologize. I take it all back.

Captain Lon

There's a good fellow! Capt. Lon, I shall place you on the list of
captains I recorded in a previous post. Welcome, Capt. Lon.

Fair winds,
Capt. Josh

--

"You must then know the sea and know that you know it
and not forget that it was meant to be sailed over"
Capt. Mooron

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
I concur... and you have shown yourself to be a gentleman and a man

of
honour with this apology.

If only more of the posters here would follow suit......

Did you have a particular Canadian in mind?

Not really..... did I post something that offended you?

If by error or misjudgement on my part, I have caused you discomfort or
insult... please accept my most heartfelt apology. I promise to treat you in
a cordial, polite manner from here on in. I will curb any attempt at humour
when responding to your posts... in case such content be taken in a poor
light.

May I take the time to express my deep appreciation of your resolve to not
report me to my ISP for abusive behaviour.

Cordially

CM

Joe

Hey Bob, This was printed in 1999:

When the winner of this year's expanded presidential election is
ultimately sworn in next January, he faces a disturbing challenge of
simple survival (not politically, but literally) based on an old

Indian
hex dating back to the 1820s.

As documented in early American history, it was in the 1820s that a
particularly barbarous and savage attack on an Indian tribe by a
division of the Army occurred. These Indians, believed to be the
Algonquian tribe, sustained heavy loss of life, although the chief of

the tribe managed to survive. The head of the Army authorizing the
attack was Gen. William Henry Harrison, and the chief is said to have

placed a hex on the general, roughly translated as follows: "You will

someday lead your people, but you will not live to finish your task.
Furthermore, future leaders that follow, of every 20 years, will

suffer
the same fate."

History clearly documents the inexplicable results, leaving us to
wonder if there could actually be some validity to the hex, or just a

series of very strange coincidences:

Gen. Harrison indeed became the country's leader, elected in 1840 as
the ninth president of the United States. He served the shortest term

in our history -- only 30 days -- dying of pneumonia.

1860 was the year Abraham Lincoln was elected the 16th U.S.

president,
and he was, of course, assassinated in the spring of 1865.

1880 was the year James A. Garfield was elected the 20th U.S.
president, and served only a few months before being assassinated at

public event.

1900 saw the election of the 25th president, William McKinley. At an
exposition he was attending in Buffalo, N.Y., in 1901, he too was
assassinated.

1920 was the election of Warren G. Harding, the 29th president. In

1923
on a train ride through the Pacific Northwest he became mysteriously
ill, checked into a San Francisco hotel and died the following

morning.

1940 was the beginning of the third term of FDR. He, too, died in
office five years later.

1960 holds the most tragic memory of John F. Kennedy's election and

subsequent assassination in Dallas three years later.

1980 was the year of Ronald Reagan's election as 40th president, and
although he managed to serve a full two terms, before completing his
second full month in office, he received an extremely close call when a

would-be assassin shot him as he left a D.C. hotel, missing his heart
by just one inch. Doctors said later that he would likely have died
had he not gotten immediately to a hospital.

The 43rd president that ends up being elected this year, in 2000, will

have his hands full in trying to govern a severely divided
constituency, and having survived the closest presidential race in
U.S. history. But based on history, his ability to simply survive in
office must not be taken for granted.

You better stop!

You have been given fair warning....give it up before it's to late!

Joe

Scotty

not me. You couldn't offend me if you tried, even with 3 hookers, 2
pigs, a sheep, and Ganzy.

Be careful not to offend neal, he has very thin skin and will sick his
flonker friends on you.

Scotty

Pilothouse/Ole Thom katysails ASA 6 January 8th 05 01:14 AM
Hey Thom NotPony ASA 4 January 7th 05 02:19 AM
Ahoy Katysails, Haggie, Ole Thom, Tadpole, Scott Vernon, Overproof, Bobsprit and others Capt. NealŽ ASA 91 December 10th 04 01:17 PM
OLE THOM IN ACTION Bob Crantz ASA 1 July 7th 04 06:10 AM
Any thoughts Steven Bennett Touring 8 April 15th 04 03:37 PM