posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Free Movie

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"katy" wrote in message

Religious right? He's a Mormon, isn't he? They're conservative but
certainly not the same way as the good old died int eh wool Falwell
followers...the Romney family has a good reputation in Michigan...his Dad
was a great governor...too bad Mit didn't try for it and get rid of that
loser Granholm...

I'm convinced that Michigan deserves what it got. Why in God's name they
re-elected Granholm is a complete mystery to me. She's done nothing but
drive the state into ruin, bankrupting just about everything, putting
public education on the skids, and everything she's proposed so far in her
second term sounds more like voodoo politics than reality. She'll have to
raise taxes--just about every variety of them--to keep the state from
going under. Real estate values are plummeting. No doubt the UAW vote was
the deciding factor, but the auto industry in the state has done nothing
but decline since she took office, and more plants will be shut down this
year. Are those UAW folks just plain idiots? But they voted for her and
they're stuck with her for four more years. God have mercy on their
souls. Stupid is as stupid does.

Max

She must be a Democrat! g ----- Max??

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Mit Romney has a great name, but is very, very cozy with the religious
right (I mean who else do they have?).

The bulk of this country. The so-called religious right is actually a
very small extremist percentage of the overall conservative base. They
are the right-wing equivalent of the far left-wing, ala Michael Moore,
Barbara Streisand, George Clooney, Al Franken, Ward Churchill et. al, ad
nauseum.

In the same way that the Democrat candidate won't do anything to alienate
the far left-wing wackos, the GOP candidate won't alienate the religious
right-wing. Both candidates may actually pander to the extremes a little,
but each candidate's core message had better be to the center of the
country or he's/she's toast on a stick.

In other words, Jon, you won't like even your Democrat candidate, because
you're a far-leftist and he/she isn't about to speak *only* to you and
your ilk. Look what doing that did for John Kerry. You might be wise to
get into Ralph Nader's camp. Now there is a genuine left-wing wacko, like
yourself.

And I mean that in only the nicest possible way.

Max

I'm sure you do. g ------

Unfortunately, the RR have a lot more power than their numbers due to some
really amazing marketing from the likes of Karl (Actung) Rove and people
like him.

I'm having trouble finding any of the candidates who are actually pandering
to the exteme left... the Chomsky crowd for lack of a better definition. I
agree that Moore and others you mention are definitely left of center, but I
don't see any of the Dem candidates "cozying up" to them. Most of them are
interested in the center game, as are most of the Republican candidates.
Romney is particularly attractive to the RR, however, because of his
flip-flop on things like abortion rights.

And, just so we're clear, I'm not a left-wing wacko. I'm just a liberal on
social policies and far more conservative than Bush on economic policies.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Mundo,
I truly think you are wrongly applying the Peter Principal to John
McCain.

I knew John as a adolescent, when I served his Father as an orderly in
WW2. I wasn't much more than a Kid myself but his family is generations
of very successful men. They are a family dedicated to serving their
country, as leaders. Very successful leaders. Admiral McCain's Staff all
thought well of young John.

Being a Democrat and swearing never to vote for another republican after
I voted for Eisenhower, I would find it hard not to vote for John. He is
a very good man in his own right. He is loyal. He demonstrated his
belief in what's right by serving his interment as a prisoner of war
even through his Father was the last five Star Admiral of the fleet at
the time. They played by the Rules.

Mundo, I think I just convinced myself to vote for John if he runs.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomJazz

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Feb 17, 6:11 am, "Maxprop" wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Mit Romney has a great name, but is very, very cozy with the religious
right (I mean who else do they have?).

The bulk of this country. The so-called religious right is actually a very
small extremist percentage of the overall conservative base. They are the
right-wing equivalent of the far left-wing, ala Michael Moore, Barbara
Streisand, George Clooney, Al Franken,WardChurchillet. al, ad nauseum.

Ward Churchill is a Republican.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Katy,

Guilani is a good man. the difference between Guilani and McCain being;

Guilani, God & Country
as demonstrated with his wife while mayor

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomJazz

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 17, 1:09 pm, (Thom Stewart) wrote:
[...]

Well said Thom,

Some people talk alot of ****.. Some people do.

Not one other candidate can say they have given as much to our country
and John has.

Rudy did OK in NYC and IMO would be Number 2.

It's going to be McCain vs Hillery.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thom Stewart wrote:
[...]

He is an angry man who responds angrily...I prefer to think that we
would be better offf without that...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
[...]

Just because you're a war hero from a family of war heroes does not mean
you ahve the capacity to run this country...there are other things tha
must fall into line...and he falls short...he is an angry
person...angry+military does not umpress me at all...and it won't
go...women for the most part will not vote for him...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message oups.com...
[...]

That's a laugh. Neither one of those men (yuck yuck) is capable of winning the primary.
What wins primaries is good looks and moving to the right for Republicans and good looks
and moving to the left for Democrats. I rub elbows with the rich and famous in my
restaurant on an everyday basis. I know how things work in that world.

Neither McCain nor Hillary have what it takes in the looks dept. McCain's too far left for
conservatives and Hillary's too far right for liberals. They just won't make it past the
primaries. And both are quite unattractive.

Nope, I'm Ted Bell and I'm telling you how it will go down. It will be Edwards vs. Romney!
Both are attractive and manly looking men. Edwards is an ultra liberal and Romney is ultra
conservative. The ladies will swoon and vote in droves.

Steaks on the house at Ted's of Beverly Hills if I happen to be wrong.

I'm Ted Bell!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Well;; After reading the post inASA including mine, I'm so so glad we
have nothing to do with the nominations.