posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Free Movie

Capt. JG wrote:
"Mundo" wrote in message
. net...

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:34:45 -0500, katy wrote
(in article ):

Joe wrote:

http://www.johnmccain.com/

Joe

no thanks...it has a name I don't like in the title...

He served his country and paid dearly for it. He still serves his country.
like the guy but he is not presidential material or vice presidential in
fact. He is a decent guy who proves the point of the peter principle.
Anyone
still recall that early 80s read?

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

I like McCain, and I think he would tend to run a decent campain, but I
don't think he's the best choice. I don't know who is the best choice right
now. I like Hillary because we would get a two-fer. I like Obama, but he's
kinda young. I like Edwards, but I don't know if he can get all the way by
actually being honest. I don't like Rudy as President... I think he should
have been NYC mayor again. He was a great mayor. Mit Romney has a great
name, but is very, very cozy with the religious right (I mean who else do
they have?).

Religious right? He's a Mormon, isn't he? They're conservative but
certainly not the same way as the good old died int eh wool Falwell
followers...the Romney family has a good reputation in Michigan...his
Dad was a great governor...too bad Mit didn't try for it and get rid of
that loser Granholm...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Joe wrote:

http://www.johnmccain.com/

Joe

no thanks...it has a name I don't like in the title...

He served his country and paid dearly for it. He still serves his
country. I
like the guy but he is not presidential material or vice presidential in
fact. He is a decent guy who proves the point of the peter principle.
Anyone
still recall that early 80s read?

The Peter Principle is a theory originated by Dr. Laurence J. Peter
which states that employees within a hierarchical organization advance
to their highest level of competence, are then promoted to a level
where they are incompetent, and then stay in that position.

I call Bull****...........who is a better canidate?

Joe

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

Guiliani....

Nah... too much baggage...

HAHAHAHAHA...not as much as Hillary!!!!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Joe wrote:

[...]

Think so... check it out...

http://www.nationalreview.com/brookh...0408310033.asp
What is Giuliani's baggage as a would-be Republican nominee? You'd need a
supertanker to hold it. Begin with the social issues: He would hold the
chuppa at gay marriages, and abort late term fetuses himself. David Frum
recently suggested in the Wall Street Journal that Giuliani promise to
appoint anti-Roe judges to the court. He will never make that promise. He
likes abortion, and he is uninterested in legalities.

Giuliani has the New York cops' attitude towards guns: Only cops should have
them. If you want a .22 to hunt deer, you must be a made man. He also has a
New York textbook view of immigration. Let a billion Chinese come. Giuliani
wouldn't even teach them English.

On economics, he is not positively bad, only unconcerned. His line as mayor
was that he would spend term one handling crime, and term two handling taxes
and spending. Fred Siegel, the intelligent urbanist, said that was like
trying to cross a chasm in two jumps. Good Giuliani economic policies would
be random events.

Then there is the personal baggage. The last presidential candidate to have
had cancer was Paul Tsongas, who lied about being cancer-free in 1992, and
who has since died. We know the worst about Giuliani, but how much better is
that?

Finally there is his ego. Giuliani is a publicity hound, and a bully. He
must be on camera, and he must be right. He also has his weird edges, which
he cannot conceal (guile is not his strong suit). Get ready for drag acts at
the Gridiron Dinner.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message

Joe wrote:

[...]

He is courting the religious right... he's the only game in town, since they
hate McCain and Rudy.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Mit Romney has a great name, but is very, very cozy with the religious
right (I mean who else do they have?).

The bulk of this country. The so-called religious right is actually a very
small extremist percentage of the overall conservative base. They are the
right-wing equivalent of the far left-wing, ala Michael Moore, Barbara
Streisand, George Clooney, Al Franken, Ward Churchill et. al, ad nauseum.

In the same way that the Democrat candidate won't do anything to alienate
the far left-wing wackos, the GOP candidate won't alienate the religious
right-wing. Both candidates may actually pander to the extremes a little,
but each candidate's core message had better be to the center of the country
or he's/she's toast on a stick.

In other words, Jon, you won't like even your Democrat candidate, because
you're a far-leftist and he/she isn't about to speak *only* to you and your
ilk. Look what doing that did for John Kerry. You might be wise to get
into Ralph Nader's camp. Now there is a genuine left-wing wacko, like
yourself.

And I mean that in only the nicest possible way.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message

Religious right? He's a Mormon, isn't he? They're conservative but
certainly not the same way as the good old died int eh wool Falwell
followers...the Romney family has a good reputation in Michigan...his Dad
was a great governor...too bad Mit didn't try for it and get rid of that
loser Granholm...

I'm convinced that Michigan deserves what it got. Why in God's name they
re-elected Granholm is a complete mystery to me. She's done nothing but
drive the state into ruin, bankrupting just about everything, putting public
education on the skids, and everything she's proposed so far in her second
term sounds more like voodoo politics than reality. She'll have to raise
taxes--just about every variety of them--to keep the state from going under.
Real estate values are plummeting. No doubt the UAW vote was the deciding
factor, but the auto industry in the state has done nothing but decline
since she took office, and more plants will be shut down this year. Are
those UAW folks just plain idiots? But they voted for her and they're stuck
with her for four more years. God have mercy on their souls. Stupid is as
stupid does.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message

Guiliani....

Nah... too much baggage...

HAHAHAHAHA...not as much as Hillary!!!!

Do what I do, wait till Jon announces who he likes, then
vote the opposite.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in

Are
those UAW folks just plain idiots?

Yes, the workers are anyways, they vote what they're told to
vote and the bosses get payoffs.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Maxprop wrote:

[...]

As long as the state keeps looking to Detroit to solve its problems it's
going to continue...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
. ..

"katy" wrote in message

Guiliani....

Nah... too much baggage...

HAHAHAHAHA...not as much as Hillary!!!!

Do what I do, wait till Jon announces who he likes, then
vote the opposite.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_