Default Voxlib for Skype now ready!

http://www.voxlib.com/

Yesterday, I got a message from a webpage box I clicked saying Voxlib was
ready for beta testing free downloading, so I downloaded it and installed
it. Install it into the computer at home you leave running all the time.
By next year, they plan on running it on a server, instead of your own
computers, but right now you must run it on your computer to use it....for
free.

Skype, of course for US/Canadians, is free until Jan 2007 when it comes
online for only a pittance.

*** What does Voxlib do for me??

Voxlib is an intellegent answering and conferencing software to control
Skype when you're not at home. There are two ways to use it:

1) - with Skype In ($US28/YEAR!...CHEAP!) on your own Skype In phone
number. You simply call your Skype In number from your Cellphone...or any
phone with your PIN number...and Voxlib answers you, automatically with
caller ID from your cell, or with PIN number access if you don't have
caller ID. It answers with a voice prompt of a menu to select from.
Press Causes Voxlib to:
1 Call someone's Skype on their computer.

2 Call out from your computer to a telephone
using Skype Out.

3 Tell me who on your Skype contact list is
online at the moment. Reads it to you.

4 Connects you to Skype Voicemail (free with Skype In)

2) - By using SMS messages between Voxlib and your cellphone....

Voxlib can also be operated by SMS messages, instead of voice prompts. All
the features above can be accessed and operated by SMS. This is
advantageous if your have a cellphone like Nextel where all INCOMING calls
are free and don't use airtime. You send an SMS message to Voxlib telling
it to connect to someone on your contact list or to a telephone number,
instead of direct calling Voxlib on Skype In. Voxlib then makes a Skype
conference call, the same as it does by voice/touchtone commands, but it
now calls your cellphone (INCOMING FREE CALL on some systems) and connects
you to your Skype or phone line party.....anywhere on the planet. It
simply prompts your party of the conference with you.

Anyone on Nextel or having free incoming calls use no airtime with the SMS
features. SMS costs too much to use on my cell, but your mileage may vary.

Recap......

Up until now, you had to be at your Skype terminal on your computer, or
from one of the special little Skype Phones like my Linksys CIT200 cordless
Skype Phone near the computer to do these things. Voxlib allows you to
operate Skype by remote control from any cellphone or landline phone,
anywhere!

*** Why is this important?

Skype calls are FREE to other Skype users, anywhere on the planet. If you
have friends in foreign countries and call them on your cellular phone, the
cellphone ripoff artists make you pay, DEARLY, to call them from your cell.
Now, you can call them from the car and pay only airtime minutes to a local
telephone number...your Skype In number...even if they are in Siberia or
Tibet. (just press 1)

Calling long distance from your cellphone to a telephone outside your
country, say Japan, reminds one of the days when it was $4/minute to call
the next town over on Ma Bell. US to Japan runs about $1.50 to 3.50/minute
on cellular carriers. However, with Voxlib, you can call your local Skype
In, Voxlib answers, you press 2, Voxlib asks for country code-area code-
number and places the call to Japan on your Skype Out from your computer at
home it is running on for $US0.021/minute. That reduces that $35 ten
minute phone call to Japan to 21 cents! Not everyone's cellphone has free
long distance to other US phones. They pay nothing but airtime to call
Grandma in Topeka until Jan 2007 on Skype Out, then only 2.1c/min....not
the 49c/min Smiley's Cellular and Haircare wants for a long distance
cellular phone call. (just press 2)

You can find out who is on Skype now from anywhere...just press 3.

You can listen to your Skype Voicemail calls without going to a Skype
computer, from any phone, automatically from your cellphone.

Works great. There's a few bugs but you can help in the forums Voxlib is
running on their website. I found you need to manually turn off AUTO
ANSWER in Skype and reported that to Voxlib today. Voxlib can't answer
your call if Autoanswer in Skype is ON. They'll fix it...(c;

It just keeps gettin' better'n better!

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

Larry,

You replied to my query about a bag phone the other day and I now have a bag
phone in hand but fear I don't have "the right thing" :-)

It's an NEC B3800 Series (832 CH) and the Owner's Manual describes it as a
cellular pack-phone. It's handset has buttons and the receiver has an
antenna about
8" long. It has a battery brick and cigarette lighter plugins.

Is this an 'analog' phone ? I didn't know an analog phone's receiver had
buttons. If it's not, does it have the virtues of the analog bag phone
anyway ?

If not, how so ?

Again, appreciatively,

Courtney

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in
nk.net:

It's an NEC B3800 Series (832 CH) and the Owner's Manual describes it
as a cellular pack-phone. It's handset has buttons and the receiver
has an antenna about
8" long. It has a battery brick and cigarette lighter plugins.

Is this an 'analog' phone ? I didn't know an analog phone's receiver
had buttons. If it's not, does it have the virtues of the analog bag
phone anyway ?

Yes, they are all AMPS phones, back when every carrier used the same
interface system. Throw the battery brick in the recycle bin at Walmart.
You won't need it. Just plug it into the cigarette lighter of your car
and turn it on. After it has booted up and shows you the signal level,
dial 611[SEND] and see if it connects you to a cellphone company TSR
line.

This one went for $10 on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEC-B3800-SERIES-ANALOG-BAG-
PHONE_W0QQitemZ230023842726QQcmdZViewItem

If you leave the handset in the cradle, it'll be a speakerphone that will
wake the dead!...(c;

Fill out the email form on:
http://www.necwireless.com/contactus.asp
and ask them if they can email you a pdf owner's manual and/or service
manual so you can control the phone's control functions. What you want
the phone's access to be in is STD A/B or STD B/A, either one is fine.
In this mode, if it doesn't find the system it was originally setup for,
it will switch to the other of the two analog cellular systems,
automatically and make the calls. Unlike your little digital phones, the
companies had no control over WHO it would connect with. It will connect
with either system, anywhere in the country. If it is set on HOME, it
will not roam to another system. You don't want to leave it there. If
it is set to A only or B only, it will only roam to one system, not both.
STD A/B or STD B/A tries the home system first, then roams over to the
other system to make the call. That's where you want it...

Be informed, I am no longer allowed to call 611 on either Verizon
Wireless, the A carrier or Alltel, the B carrier from any analog phone in
Charleston. They will, of course by Federal law, still call 911, which
is the important number. I guess too many people with dead toyphones
were calling saying, "Can you put my good working ol' bagphone on the
air, again, so I can make calls in this DEAD ZONE?!" Cellphone companies
all have amnesia when you're in a dead spot....(c;

Crewman Ready Jahsonarise ASA 8 December 17th 05 01:02 AM
Crewman Ready Jahsonarise General 0 December 16th 05 03:32 AM
The "Mafstack" Boat stacking system is jsut about ready!!! [email protected] General 5 December 6th 05 12:23 AM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
Get Ready, Losers! Bobsprit ASA 6 January 21st 04 03:50 PM