posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Free Movie

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Mit Romney has a great name, but is very, very cozy with the religious
right (I mean who else do they have?).

The bulk of this country. The so-called religious right is actually a
very small extremist percentage of the overall conservative base. They
are the right-wing equivalent of the far left-wing, ala Michael Moore,
Barbara Streisand, George Clooney, Al Franken, Ward Churchill et. al, ad
nauseum.

In the same way that the Democrat candidate won't do anything to alienate
the far left-wing wackos, the GOP candidate won't alienate the religious
right-wing. Both candidates may actually pander to the extremes a little,
but each candidate's core message had better be to the center of the
country or he's/she's toast on a stick.

In other words, Jon, you won't like even your Democrat candidate, because
you're a far-leftist and he/she isn't about to speak *only* to you and
your ilk. Look what doing that did for John Kerry. You might be wise to
get into Ralph Nader's camp. Now there is a genuine left-wing wacko, like
yourself.

And I mean that in only the nicest possible way.

Max

I'm sure you do. g ------

Unfortunately, the RR have a lot more power than their numbers due to some
really amazing marketing from the likes of Karl (Actung) Rove and people
like him.

I'm having trouble finding any of the candidates who are actually pandering
to the exteme left... the Chomsky crowd for lack of a better definition. I
agree that Moore and others you mention are definitely left of center, but I
don't see any of the Dem candidates "cozying up" to them. Most of them are
interested in the center game, as are most of the Republican candidates.
Romney is particularly attractive to the RR, however, because of his
flip-flop on things like abortion rights.

And, just so we're clear, I'm not a left-wing wacko. I'm just a liberal on
social policies and far more conservative than Bush on economic policies.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com