posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Air America liberal network bankrupt and selling cheap.

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
. ..

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Well,let's put it this way... Clinton lied about a blow

job. How many people
died as a result. Bush lied about the reasons for war. How

many people died.

So you're saying it's all right to lie in some situations?

I'm saying that Clinton lying about a personal issue is of grave importance
to his family but of little importance to the nation. I'm saying that lying
about the reasons for going to war are of grave importance to the people who
do the fighting.

Do you think the two are equal?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:31:42 -0500, "Scotty" w@u said:

So you're saying it's all right to lie in some situations?

Jon is about to assert the "everybody does it" defense, Scotty.

Bzzzt. I asserted that there's a huge difference.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote

So you're saying it's all right to lie in some

situations?

I'm saying that Clinton lying about a personal issue is of

grave importance
to his family but of little importance to the nation. I'm

saying that lying
about the reasons for going to war are of grave importance

to the people who
do the fighting.

So you *would* trust somebody that lied to his family?

Capt SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Well,let's put it this way... Clinton lied about a blow job. How many
people died as a result. Bush lied about the reasons for war. How many
people died.

I admitted he may have lied about Rumsfeld's resignation, but so far I've
seen no evidence--only left-wing diatribe--that he lied about anything
w/r/t Iraq. You showed me the evidence I asked for about Rumsfeld--now
show me the evidence about his lies w/r/t the Iraq situation. If you can,
I'll accept it for what it is.

Max

In 2006 State of the Union he cited Iraq and Afganistan as examples of "the
great story of our time" - the adance of freedom. He proclaimed that the
number of democracies in the world had increased from about two dozen at the
end of 1945 to 122 today, but he didn't mention that neither country was
counted as such by the organization whose stats he was touting. - A lie of
omission and obfuscation.

He accurately asserted that the economy gained 4.6 mill new jobs in the
previous 2.5 years, but failed to note that it had lost 2.6 mill in his
first 2.5 years in office. - A lie of omission and obfuscation.

In March 2003 he insisted that it was "a matter of fact" that the coalition
included more nations than the alliance assempled by his father. Most were a
reluctant bunch, which included the Poles who didn't want to be there, the
Italians who wouldn't get out of their vehicles, the Japanese who wouldn't
patrol and wouldn't even guard there own perimeter. - A lie of obfuscation
and wishful thinking.

In June 2004 when asked about Ahmad Chalabi, Bush acted as if he barely new
the man's name. "Chalabi? My meetings with him were very brief." "I think I
met with him a tthe State of the Union and just kind of working through the
rope line, and he might have come with a group of leaders, but I haven't had
any extensive conversations with him. Chalabi was listed by the White House
as a "special guest" of Laura's and sat directly behind her at the SofU. - A
lie of ommision at least.

After the Dems won back the houses of Congress, Bush said that "Democrats
are going to support our troops just like Republicans will." Those
statements where at odds with his campaign rhetoric from just days before
when he said regarding Iraq, that if the Democrats vision were to prevail,
"the terrorists win and America loses." - A lie either first or second.

Bush: "Gosh, I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin
Laden. It's kind of those exaggerations." - Seems like a lie to me.

Bush: "We have found the weapons of mass destruction." The Army has found no
evidence of such weapons. - No lie there.

And, I could go on and on of course. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote

So you're saying it's all right to lie in some

situations?

I'm saying that Clinton lying about a personal issue is of

grave importance
to his family but of little importance to the nation. I'm

saying that lying
about the reasons for going to war are of grave importance

to the people who
do the fighting.

So you *would* trust somebody that lied to his family?

Capt SV

More than someone who lied to millions. Yes.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

[...]

You could, but don't bother. So far I'm unconvinced of any deliberate lies.
W is a political hack, and political hacks tend to paint the picture in
their favor. If that is lying, one can conclude that all politicians are
liars.

Max

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:32:37 GMT, "Maxprop" said:

If you can, I'll
accept it for what it is.

Surely you know, Max that when the Democrats spin it's simply an excess of
patriotic enthusiasm. When the Republicans spin it's lying.

The difference is that Democrats have only our best interests at heart. The
GOP is out to screw whomever they can, provided they can get away with it.
(from the book of Jon: 1-13)

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

[...]

All politician ARE liars. So why single out Clinton for lying about
something that is in the scheme of things unimportant to the safety and
security of the country? Bush's lies are far more serious and deadly. You
could argue that FDR was lying at an ever greater scale, but at least he saw
the threat.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:32:37 GMT, "Maxprop" said:

If you can, I'll
accept it for what it is.

Surely you know, Max that when the Democrats spin it's simply an excess of
patriotic enthusiasm. When the Republicans spin it's lying.

Is this your assertion? It certainly isn't mine.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

[...]