posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default 5 crash bulkheads is nice Jeff

What the purpose of the 3 center compartments? Storage, Chain, ??

Looks like a roomy boat.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
What the purpose of the 3 center compartments? Storage, Chain, ??

Looks like a roomy boat.

Joe

The center compartment is a wet locker I use for hoses, etc. There is
a garden-hose salt water tap in there; we got it as a washdown for
hauling the anchor, but it has come in very handy with our dog.

The two compartments on either side are sealed and simply provide
flotation. Also, the two bow lockers have sealed bilges so their
bottoms are above the water line and can drain. The forward 6 feet or
so of each bow can be crunched and it wouldn't leak a drop. In
addition, there are several sealed chambers in the sterns.

Yes, there is tons of room. Two staterooms have queen sized bunks,
plus the third is a generous single. Saloon seats 8, huge galley,
head with full shower, etc. Also, its completely open across the beam
down below, so the galley is visible from the saloon. The cockpit
is enormous and you can play volleyball on the bow.

Here's some marketing pics:

This is the plan from the previous model. The aft-cabin, head, and
nav table layout is different on mine:
http://www.sv-loki.com/plan36s.jpg

This cutaway was actually drawn from my boat as it was built:
http://www.sv-loki.com/CA-cutawayOnLinen.jpg

This is pretty close to my saloon:
http://www.sv-loki.com/ca-salon1.jpg

How Jeff feels about his Yacht....a repost Capt. Rob ASA 24 October 29th 06 04:57 AM
Jeff...the Sailor??? Capt. Rob ASA 20 October 25th 06 05:33 PM
Serious question for Jeff JAXAshby ASA 14 March 15th 04 01:10 PM
Chrysler 22 - info. about bulkheads Haakon Dybdahl Boat Building 1 December 15th 03 11:30 PM