posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Jeff...the Sailor???

Hey, Jeff keeps crying about us sailing in gusty conditions. If it's
gusting to 25-30 MPH, you sail like it's 15, right Jeff??? Jeff claimed
10-15, but he's kinda quiet about the 10 MPH part.

But the real truth is simple. We went sailing. And we're going again at
3:00 in pretty much the same conditions...this time with extra clothes!
Jeff will read about it, but he's home watching his DVD collection of
Home Improvement.
Tomorrow I'm delivering a friend's Catalina 320 for haul out....leaving
here at 8:00 am for a 3 hour sail, then going sailing again on Heart of
Gold with Suzanne's brother.
Jeff will read about that and watch his DVD collection of Who's the
Boss?

Oh..yeah....BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA !!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

But the real truth is simple.

Yup, you are a self confessed pathalogical liar, with an insecurity
complex as big as all of NYC.

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Martin Baxter wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote:

But the real truth is simple.

Yup, you are a self confessed pathalogical liar, with an insecurity
complex as big as all of NYC.

Wow! That IS big.

Martin, what boat do you have again? I always forget because....it's
all about me of course.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
Hey, Jeff keeps crying about us sailing in gusty conditions.

Crying? I'm laughing! You're talking like 17 gusting 25 is the
ultimate sailing experience! This is average fall sailing.

If it's
gusting to 25-30 MPH, you sail like it's 15, right Jeff??? Jeff claimed
10-15, but he's kinda quiet about the 10 MPH part.

What are you babbling about? I'm not the one who was bragging about
going out in 40 knts predicted, and then turned tail in 17 gusting 25.

But the real truth is simple. We went sailing. And we're going again at
3:00 in pretty much the same conditions...this time with extra clothes!
Jeff will read about it, but he's home watching his DVD collection of
Home Improvement.

ho hum. Even with my family issues, I did a lot more sailing than you
did last summer.

Tomorrow I'm delivering a friend's Catalina 320 for haul out....leaving
here at 8:00 am for a 3 hour sail, then going sailing again on Heart of
Gold with Suzanne's brother.
Jeff will read about that and watch his DVD collection of Who's the
Boss?

Come back after you've actually done an overnight in your cruising
boat. Or maybe with your racing sails you'll tell us about a race.
As near as we can tell, you've even given up pulling out the jib
because that makes the boat too hard to control. And even with that,
you soak your crew and turn tail.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

You're talking like 17 gusting 25 is the
ultimate sailing experience!

I did? When was that???? Can you point us to the post??? I thought I
only posted how nice the kevlar main was. I know you're not lying, so
show everyone where I said it was the ultimate sailing experience. In
fact all I said was that it was gusty and the sail worked great until
Suzanne got sloshed by a wave and left her clothes home.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I'm not the one who was bragging about
going out in 40 knts predicted

I bragged about the weather??? When was that? Scotty also talked about
lots of wind coming...was he bragging?
I bragged about the expensive Kevlar main.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Come back after you've actually done an overnight in your cruising
boat.

We did some overnights? So what??? Does that mean something to you? Is
it worse if we only sailed locally and had a great time? Please tell
us, tell everyone how you think we should enjoy our boats...because we
REALLY need to know!

Sheesh! Get over yourself, dude.

Need some nice sails? I'll hook you up with a good deal just to spite
ya!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:

I bragged about the weather??? When was that? Scotty also talked about
lots of wind coming...was he bragging?

Scotty actually quoted a real report. Not a made up one. For most
people, there is a difference.

I bragged about the expensive Kevlar main.

Why would anyone brag about that? Did you make it?

People are rightfully proud of their accomplishments. Only jackasses
brag about acquisitions.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
Need some nice sails? I'll hook you up with a good deal just to spite
ya!

Thanks, but my sails still have a few years in them. What would new
sails gain me? 2%? High tech sails might gain 5%. So what's 5% on a
5 hour passage over to Ptown? So I'd spend several thousand to get to
Ptown or the Vineyard 15 minutes quicker? Not very likely, unless
there was some silver at the finish line!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty actually quoted a real report. Not a made up one.

Sorry, Jeff. 1010 WINS and 102.7 weather both reported potential gusts
to 35 and 40 MPH.

For most
people, there is a difference.

Yeah, max wind gusts were only 28 MPH. That's great weather for a 35s5
to be flying full main and genny!

Why would anyone brag about that? Did you make it?

Nope, but it has led to a great situation for me!

People are rightfully proud of their accomplishments. Only
jackasses
brag about acquisitions.

You're not proud of you vessel and the research and effort it took to
choose her? You're not proud of your efforts to keep her ship-shape?
You're not proud of your boat?
That's really sad, Jeff. I can't agree with you at all. Any time your
efforts lead to a nice success, even in an acquisition, it is certainly
an accomplishment. I'm not saying you should be overly proud of picking
a ripe melon, but a yacht in it's entirety is something much different.
Either you didn't think your statement through, or you and I feel
exactly the same about the PDQ 36.

RB
35s5
NY

What Typ[e of Sailor Are You Capt. Rob ASA 10 August 29th 06 04:15 AM
Sail Report-35s5 meets it's match! Capt. Rob ASA 54 July 21st 06 05:07 PM
SoCal Singlehanded Sailor Championship Race Series, NEW! [email protected] Cruising 0 February 2nd 06 05:05 PM
Honor Jeff Capt. Rob ASA 1 December 2nd 05 01:25 PM
What is a "Sailor"? Mic Cruising 9 September 27th 05 02:58 PM