Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sail Report-35s5 meets it's match!

While you all posted we TRIED to sail....

Well....the header sounds exciting, but we had a very dull sail. Late
in the morning I sewed some threads through my baton pockets.
Previously one had been thrown, so I wanted to nip that. My new main
won't be ready until Mid September. Working on the main, the sun was
nasty, but I could see a fair amount of boats out enjoying some wind.
Back at home I checked the weather. Everything said 10 knots or so
online and on the radio and as we recrossed the bridge there were still
a lot of boats out.
30 minutes later we were sitting in a steaming pond with absolutely no
wind. Everyone's sails were hanging limp. Dead. Calm. Yuk.
"Don't worry" I told everyone, "We'll get something as the sun sets."
Well, we usually do, but not this time. I mean nothing, zilch, nada.
Back at our slip we set up our new dinghy, "Thom's Turtle" and 8 HP
Yamaha, played with that for a while. We'll use it next weekend when we
go to Oyster Bay to meet two other boats.
So, the great 35s5 cannot sail without wind. You heard it here first.

RB
35s5
NY

Evaluating old sails [email protected] General 17 December 27th 05 07:13 AM
Evaluating old sails DSK Cruising 15 December 27th 05 07:13 AM
SAILING GROUNDS Capt. Mooron ASA 135 July 4th 04 05:52 PM
Trip Report, August 3, 2003, A Day Sail with Bobsprit and Julia Marc ASA 134 August 8th 03 07:16 PM