posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Jeff...the Sailor???

Capt. Rob wrote:
Scotty actually quoted a real report. Not a made up one.

Sorry, Jeff. 1010 WINS and 102.7 weather both reported potential gusts
to 35 and 40 MPH.

Really? They give marine forecasts? Obviously not very good ones.

For most
people, there is a difference.

Yeah, max wind gusts were only 28 MPH. That's great weather for a 35s5
to be flying full main and genny!

yada yada yada. You didn't last very long, did you? You thought you
were going out in 40 knots and you didn't bring any gear or extra
clothes? Did you even go out at all?

Why would anyone brag about that? Did you make it?

Nope, but it has led to a great situation for me!

What situation? Your boat goes 3% faster. Meanwhile, you've given up
using the jib so you go 10% slower. In other words, it doesn't do
anything for you except give you "bragging rights."

People are rightfully proud of their accomplishments. Only
jackasses
brag about acquisitions.

You're not proud of you vessel and the research and effort it took to
choose her? You're not proud of your efforts to keep her ship-shape?
You're not proud of your boat?

Its just a lot of plastic. I'm proud of what I've done with my boat,
how far its taken us, how my daughter has grown up on it. Recently I
told her we could sell it and travel the country, maybe travel the
world, maybe get a beach cottage, whatever. She turned down every
offer and said she'd rather have the family sailing together. Now
that made me proud.

That's really sad, Jeff. I can't agree with you at all.

Obviously. You like to brag about your possessions. What else do you
have?

Any time your
efforts lead to a nice success, even in an acquisition, it is certainly
an accomplishment.

I wrote a check. It wasn't that hard. Yes, a lot of work went into
picking the right boat for us, but that's personal satisfaction,
nothing to brag about.

I'm not saying you should be overly proud of picking
a ripe melon, but a yacht in it's entirety is something much different.
Either you didn't think your statement through, or you and I feel
exactly the same about the PDQ 36.

I have no idea how you really feel about anything. Do you? Bragging
about possessions is just a way of covering up your emptiness.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Really? They give marine forecasts? Obviously not very good ones.

Please point to where I mentioned a "marine forecast." I simply refered
to local weather.

For most
people, there is a difference.

yada yada yada. You didn't last very long, did you?

Nope.

You thought you
were going out in 40 knots and you didn't bring any gear or extra
clothes?

I didn't know she had taken her stuff off.

Did you even go out at all?

Sure did, and again tomorrow.

What situation? Your boat goes 3% faster.

Uh, no Jeff. I was refering to my rather unique business situation with
two lofts that is now making me money as of three days ago...and
teaching me a lot about sails...and getting expanding my sail inventory
at no cost.

Meanwhile, you've given up
using the jib so you go 10% slower.

I've used the sails twice....and in gusts to 30 knots we did not pop
the genoa.

In other words, it doesn't do
anything for you except give you "bragging rights."

Huh? The sails were awesome in light air. The main was fantastic in
heavy air. They look great, work great and cost me little.

Its just a lot of plastic.

I'm really sorry you feel that way about her. I hope she gets a better
owner and soon. The PDQ 36 is "someone's" work of art, carefully
designed and built by human beings who were envisioning something
beyond practical endeavors. It's really and truly awful for you to say
"it's just a lot of plastic." Everyone I know loves their boats and are
proud of them...and the choice they made.

She turned down every
offer and said she'd rather have the family sailing together.

Probably she has a deeper appreciation for the vessel than you do and
would never call it "just a lot of plastic." Seriously, Jeff, that's
just an awful thing to say.

Obviously. You like to brag about your possessions. What else do you

have?

I brag about the ones that gets a rise out of the fools of ASA, even
VHF radios....and they take the bait every time! But I'm NOT proud of
my VHF, Jeff....though I do appreciate the science and effort to design
it.

Yes, a lot of work went into
picking the right boat for us, but that's personal satisfaction,
nothing to brag about.

Really, Jeff? You've never bragged about your boats speed, comfort,
value or even it's ventilation???? That must have been another Jeff
with a PDQ 36!
Dude, like I said: Get over yourself.

I have no idea how you really feel about anything.

Actually, Jeff....I think you do, but you also enjoy these little
battles as a diversion, so off we go.

Bragging
about possessions is just a way of covering up your emptiness.

Or just a dumb troll for dumber people to nip at. I am proud of my
boat, Jeff. I'm not proud of my Subaru, Kia or home theatre.
Go relax. Time for bed.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Capt. Rob wrote:

I bragged about the weather??? When was that? Scotty

also talked about
lots of wind coming...was he bragging?

Scotty actually quoted a real report. Not a made up one.

For most
people, there is a difference.

I bragged about the expensive Kevlar main.

Why would anyone brag about that? Did you make it?

People are rightfully proud of their accomplishments.

Only jackasses
brag about acquisitions.

I made this sail.
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2...93894541jYDcnt

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I made this sail.
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2...93894541jYDcnt

That main looks toasted and blown. Genoa looks like a cheap bedsheet.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:
I bragged about the expensive Kevlar main.

Why would anyone brag about that? Did you make it?

People are rightfully proud of their accomplishments.

Only jackasses
brag about acquisitions.

I made this sail.
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2...93894541jYDcnt

Now there's something to be proud of. It looks real nice, Scotty.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Now there's something to be proud of. It looks real nice, Scotty.

Jeff, you honestly think that sail looks "nice?" Sailrite makes kits
that look that bad,

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

"Capt" Rob wrote:
Please point to where I mentioned a "marine forecast." I simply refered
to local weather.

It would be more accurate to say that you lied about local
weather.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

It would be more accurate to say that you lied about local
weather.

Sorry, Doug. I simply echoed what was said on the radio.
Get over it and buy a sailboat.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Martin Baxter wrote:
? "Capt. Rob" wrote:
? ?
? ?
? ? But the real truth is simple.
?
? Yup, you are a self confessed pathalogical liar, with an insecurity
? complex as big as all of NYC.

Wow! That IS big.

Martin, what boat do you have again? I always forget because....it's
all about me of course.

Again? I don't recall ever telling you. ;-o Glad to see you are coming
to grips with your problems.

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
Now there's something to be proud of. It looks real nice, Scotty.

Jeff, you honestly think that sail looks "nice?" Sailrite makes kits
that look that bad,

It looks a ****load nicer than anything you've made. And Scotty even
uses it.

So tell us, how much faster do you think a high tech sail would be?

What Typ[e of Sailor Are You Capt. Rob ASA 10 August 29th 06 04:15 AM
Sail Report-35s5 meets it's match! Capt. Rob ASA 54 July 21st 06 05:07 PM
SoCal Singlehanded Sailor Championship Race Series, NEW! [email protected] Cruising 0 February 2nd 06 05:05 PM
Honor Jeff Capt. Rob ASA 1 December 2nd 05 01:25 PM
What is a "Sailor"? Mic Cruising 9 September 27th 05 02:58 PM