posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Vancouver?

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote:
So somebody sails his boat from New York to the Bahamas. He gets into
the Bahamas using his drivers license.
He sails from the Bahamas back to New York and he has to prove he's a
citizen by showing a passport. Passports
aren't passed out for free.

Well, duh. I've had a passport since 1984 and both of my boys had had one
for about 3 years...no problem

It takes time and money to get one.

Maybe you just can't afford a passport or don't have the clout like I do to
maintain a US privelge

drunken rambiling deleted?

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Lady Pilot" wrote
Well, duh. I've had a passport since 1984 and both of my boys had had one for about 3 years...no problem

Well, bully for you, Ms. Pilot. That's hardly the point. It's not required now that US citizens show
ID to get back into the country. In January it will be on airplanes. In January 2008 it will be for boats
and other transportation. They go from no ID at all to passports. Duh! Passports can be forged.
Think about it. What American is gonna forge his ID to get back into his own country? Only foreign
terrorists. Just like they wand little old grannys in wheelchairs at the airport and let young Arab men
through with a smile and a nod, they're checking the wrong people.
Well, Ellen, how can you tell a foreigner from a US citizen? you ask. Easy, you ask him his name and
social security number and you run it in the big brother computer. Then if your suspicious you ask him
some questions about where he lives, etc. Duh.

Cheers,
Ellen