Roos Eisma

Default Seakayak Vancouver in November

I will be in Vancouver mid November for a conference, and want to
stay on for a holiday and do some sea kayaking. I have been drooling
over websites, but most of the organised tours and rentals seem to
end by the end of September.
What can I expect in November? I suppose days will be shorter, it
will be colder, and more wind possibly?
I am just starting out sea kayaking but have done fla****er and
whitewater paddling before and have a solid roll. Regularly paddling
now on Scottish coastal waters.

I am looking for something sheltered coastal, not big open water
crossings, and once I have persuaded boyfriend to come along I won't
need an organised tour, just boat rental and some local advice. Any
tips for good companies? There seem to be hundreds of them on
Vancouver Island! And what are good places to go to in that time of
year? Any other tips?

Thanks,

Roos
GeigBC

Days are very short! Dark by about 4:30 or 5:00. Wind can be there or not. I
live in Seattle nearby, and winter is our favorite time to sea kayak.

Check out the Gulf Islands, located between Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
They are really beautiful with protected waters, tiny towns, B&Bs and the like
as well as camping and some uninhabited smaller islands. Takes a ferry to get
there from Vancouver and you'd need to have a car probably. Do a google search
on Galiano Island Sea Kayaking, or Galiano Kayak or something like that. They
are based there. Good luck!

The Vancouver boat show Knothead Boat Building 0 February 12th 04 05:42 AM
Advice Seattle to Vancouver Jack Dale Cruising 10 January 28th 04 05:06 PM
Vancouver 25 JSB Cruising 1 September 24th 03 06:38 PM
Vancouver pilothouse 32 johnh Cruising 1 August 23rd 03 11:47 PM