posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Default Blood on my mast

.... building infrastructure, encouraging local economic
autonomy & development, and leaving the least mess behind
them. Certainly better than say Belgium.

Edgar wrote:
Thanks-I think... :-)

I've had the experience of talking with a few Indonesians
about their colonial history... the Dutch left a big mess
and a legacy of truly bitter hatred... you can always find
somebody that's worse!

big snip

It isn't the fault of Great Britain.

Agreed. None of the colonial powers ever seriously undertook
to build a stable & sef-sustaining social & economic
infrastructure to leave behind. And how can you blame them,
when that wasn't even close to what they were there for in
the first place?

Edgar wrote:
Remember that Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India were once British
Colonies.

Canada was also a French colony, remember
Australia wasn't so much a colony as an open-air prison,
kind of a special case in many ways. There were some prison
colonies in the U.S. too. India might not feel they were
left in such great shape.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I did? I don't think Max was laughing...were you?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:26:37 -0500, Charlie Morgan said:

And he successfully got it from both you and Jeff.

Not quite. The expected response was laughter at the word "Cheney." What
he
got was laughter directed at himself.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
news
On 24 Nov 2006 10:39:02 -0600, Dave wrote:

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 03:56:26 GMT, "Maxprop" said:

Funny with a shotgun??? Are you a masochist?

He's simply expecting to elicit the usual Pavlovian response, Max.

And he successfully got it from both you and Jeff.

Yeah, I laughed myself silly. Thought I was watching Letterman . . .

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I did? I don't think Max was laughing...were you?

You took my comment basakwards, Jon. I was making light of Cheney being
"funny" with a shotgun. Obviously he's not funny with a shotgun, but I
thought that was painfully (intended) obvious.

Sure enough, I was experiencing the Pavlovian reaction in response to the
name "Cheney."

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..

said:

Funny with a shotgun??? Are you a masochist?
He's simply expecting to elicit the usual Pavlovian response, Max.

And he successfully got it from both you and Jeff.

CWM

Moi???

Non vous. Moi.

Max (Jeff)

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I think he's funny with a shotgun, but not if an attorney is nearby... :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I did? I don't think Max was laughing...were you?

You took my comment basakwards, Jon. I was making light of Cheney being
"funny" with a shotgun. Obviously he's not funny with a shotgun, but I
thought that was painfully (intended) obvious.

Sure enough, I was experiencing the Pavlovian reaction in response to the
name "Cheney."

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

It's a good sign that eagles are making a comeback. Maybe in a few years,
we can start using DDT again.

DSK

Now that's funny.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

It's a good sign that eagles are making a comeback. Maybe in a few years,
we can start using DDT again.

jlrogers±³© wrote:
Now that's funny.

Well, I thought so, but some people took it wrong.

Did anybody ever tell you, JL, you have a morbid & bizarre
(not to mention cruel & cynical) sense of humor?

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I think he's funny with a shotgun, but not if an attorney is nearby... :-)

And you hold that against him . . . ?

Max