posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Blood on my mast

What a morning, I step off the boat to walk Skipper and get the evil
eye and a long line of screeching from a Bald Eagle. He's on the tip
top of my main mast with a huge speckled trout. He made a mess, now I
have blood from the tip top running down to the top spreadders and bits
of gills and guts spread about the deck.

I see it as a good omen.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Joe wrote:
What a morning, I step off the boat to walk Skipper and get the evil
eye and a long line of screeching from a Bald Eagle. He's on the tip
top of my main mast with a huge speckled trout. He made a mess, now I
have blood from the tip top running down to the top spreadders and bits
of gills and guts spread about the deck.

I see it as a good omen.

I see it as time to clean it up.

We have ospreys all over the place. They are not afraid of
man but at least have the decency to not spread fish guts
all over our boats.

It's a good sign that eagles are making a comeback. Maybe in
a few years, we can start using DDT again.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

DSK wrote:
Joe wrote:
What a morning, I step off the boat to walk Skipper and get the evil
eye and a long line of screeching from a Bald Eagle. He's on the tip
top of my main mast with a huge speckled trout. He made a mess, now I
have blood from the tip top running down to the top spreadders and bits
of gills and guts spread about the deck.

I see it as a good omen.

I see it as time to clean it up.

I'm leaving the blood on the mast.

This afternoon I will deal with the mess on the cabin top... been
needing to scrub the decks anyway. The crows and blackbirds might eat
the eagles scraps.

We have ospreys all over the place.

Same here and many types of hawks, mostly RedTailed.

Joe

They are not afraid of
man but at least have the decency to not spread fish guts
all over our boats.

It's a good sign that eagles are making a comeback. Maybe in
a few years, we can start using DDT again.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Maybe in
a few years, we can start using DDT again.

Dave wrote:
Heresy to the enviros.

That was a joke. It would probably be healthier in the long
run to use powdered plutonium as an insecticide.

You know, some people are actually saying countries should start using DDT
to save the many of the lives lost to malaria each year as a result of
banning its use..

Why is a malaria the "result" of banning DDT? What did they
blame it on, before DDT was invented?

There are a number of much better answers. One of my sailing
partners is a malaria researcher, currently working for the
Army (they have a HUGE interest in malaria prevention & cure).

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

DSK wrote:
Dave wrote:

Maybe in a few years, we can start using DDT again.

Heresy to the enviros.

That was a joke. It would probably be healthier in the long run to use
powdered plutonium as an insecticide.

Is plutonium an effective insecticide? If so, do the cockroaches know that?

You know, some people are actually saying countries should start using
DDT
to save the many of the lives lost to malaria each year as a result of
banning its use..

Why is a malaria the "result" of banning DDT? What did they blame it on,
before DDT was invented?

Whatever local deity was in charge of inflicting misery on the local
population. Didn't you pay attention in religion class?

There are a number of much better answers. One of my sailing partners is
a malaria researcher, currently working for the Army (they have a HUGE
interest in malaria prevention & cure).

I would hope so. But, speaking as one of those dreaded enviros, I could
be persuaded that a limited application in situations where malaria is
particularly bad would pass the cost-benefit analysis test. In North
America, there is clearly no need to lift the ban.

The comeback of bald eagles is one of the great success stories of the
enviro movement - I didn't see one in the wild until I was in my late
30s, now I see several dozen a year. Think about it - several
generations of kids grew up without ever seeing our national symbol, and
we came together as a nation and changed that.

//Walt

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:

What a morning, I step off the boat to walk Skipper and get the evil
eye and a long line of screeching from a Bald Eagle. He's on the tip
top of my main mast with a huge speckled trout. He made a mess, now I
have blood from the tip top running down to the top spreadders and bits
of gills and guts spread about the deck.

We've got eagles and ospreys, but they seem to stay off the boat. The
annoying *******s are the Great Blue Herons, they **** crayfish
skeletons all over the deck and dock!

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Must be Nancy Pelosi.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:21:22 -0500, DSK said:

Maybe in
a few years, we can start using DDT again.

Heresy to the enviros.

You know, some people are actually saying countries should start using DDT
to save the many of the lives lost to malaria each year as a result of
banning its use..

posted to alt.sailing.asa

DDT sprayed on the interior walls and ceiling of a house will kill
mosquetos without polluting the environment, and will save many lives.
Indescriminate spraying out of doors is environmentally harmful and
should continue to be banned.

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:21:22 -0500, DSK said:

Maybe in
a few years, we can start using DDT again.

Heresy to the enviros.

You know, some people are actually saying countries should start using

DDT
to save the many of the lives lost to malaria each year as a result of
banning its use..

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Walt" wrote ...

Is plutonium an effective insecticide? If so, do the

cockroaches know that?

Ask Bob or Charlie.