posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default 5 Tugs loose to NYC sludge

Lady Pilot wrote:

That is true. Many fighter pilots commented that the women in the different
branches of the service couldn't do what we were doing. When I first
started, they wanted us to pin the fake bombs, until one girl nearly got
sucked into jet engine.

Have you seen this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8crgTz7yws
Lucky the guy was wearing a belt huh?

Joe

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Joe wrote:
Lady Pilot wrote:

Here's a 8x10 pic that Ed Schneider gave me back in the early '80s:

Another astronaut..woopie. I live in ElLago about a mile from JSC.
Astronauts are a dime a dozen is this town.

PS: http://www.ellago-tx.com/misc/wof.htm

Meet John Glen at the Eckards across the street from NASA.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Tides were pretty low on the other half of the cycle.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...Low_Tide_s.jpg

It was interesting to study this harbor. This is where I haul my
boat, and I never really knew how wide the channel was. Not
show in the picture is a piling off to the left, which lined up with
the buoy in the distance, makes a nice range on the channel edge.

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Rob must be dumping his holding tank near the intreped. The highest
tide of the year and 5 harbor tugs could not pull the Intrepid out of
the NY sludge. Trapped in crap she is.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote:

Lady Pilot wrote:

That is true. Many fighter pilots commented that the women in the
different
branches of the service couldn't do what we were doing. When I first
started, they wanted us to pin the fake bombs, until one girl nearly got
sucked into jet engine.

Have you seen this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8crgTz7yws
Lucky the guy was wearing a belt huh?

Yes, I have a really good copy of that on one of my old hard drives in
storage. The A-6 pilots I mentioned earlier told me all about it before I
seen the video. I have some pics of me in the cockpit. I should have
posted them since they are Navy. Sorry you didn't like the astronaut pics.

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Lady Pilot wrote:
.. Sorry you didn't like the astronaut pics.

Geeeeeze dont got to balling and boo hooing, the long horns on the T-2
are very Texas.

Every one and his brother around here works at NASA and they have
patches, pictures, stickers, posters, ect...I even picked up a chromed
set of explosive bolt bookends that came from the apollo 11 launch. My
dad was with NASA & General Dynamics and we have been surrounded with
astronauts and astronaut collectables since I can remember, My first
memorys are of the space program, I have a chest in storage full of
every apollo and Mercury fight patches. Post your address here and Ill
mail you an orginal Apollo 13 postcard, anyone regular ASAer too..I've
got way to many and wan't to increase the value by using most and
leaving only 20-30 mint ones.

Joe

LP

Rough notes from the tugboat race...... [email protected] General 15 May 18th 05 01:30 AM
Kerry 'loose cannon' says ex-commander Anonymous Sender ASA 2 May 7th 04 03:04 AM
Still on the Loose Bobsprit ASA 5 December 17th 03 03:21 AM
Full Battens and Loose Feet Schoonertrash ASA 5 November 7th 03 04:30 AM
Loose spark plugs? Me General 0 August 17th 03 10:16 PM