posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default 5 Tugs loose to NYC sludge

Rob must be dumping his holding tank near the intreped. The highest
tide of the year and 5 harbor tugs could not pull the Intrepid out of
the NY sludge. Trapped in crap she is.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote:
Rob must be dumping his holding tank near the intreped. The highest
tide of the year and 5 harbor tugs could not pull the Intrepid out of
the NY sludge. Trapped in crap she is.

How dare you post something on topic to this group, Joe! just kidding

Did you ever find out where your relatives live in Moore? You could always
try looking them up he

http://www.switchboard.com/bin/cgiqa...20028&LNK=93:9

If you and Mysterry ever get up this way, you are welcomed to come over for
a few beers and I'll show you my collection of patches and gold leaf and
wing pins from when I used to launch and recover military aircraft back in
the early '80s. I even have a pin-up poster with a few other women who I
worked with...;-)

People Magazine came out for a few days and took over 500 photos of me with
the different aircraft, but they lost their contract right before it was
time to be published.

I have pictures of the Thunderbirds and the Canadian snowbirds (actually in
the cockpit) among a least 100 that they would send to me or I took myself
on the tarmac.

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Lady Pilot wrote:
"Joe" wrote:
Rob must be dumping his holding tank near the intreped. The highest
tide of the year and 5 harbor tugs could not pull the Intrepid out of
the NY sludge. Trapped in crap she is.

How dare you post something on topic to this group, Joe! just kidding

Did you ever find out where your relatives live in Moore? You could always
try looking them up he

se 9TH STREET, BUT THE PLACE i WAS TALKING ABOUT WAS MY gRANDPARENTS.
It's now an apartment complex. They gad about 3 acres on the south side
of Moore. They both passed away in the early 80's

http://www.switchboard.com/bin/cgiqa...20028&LNK=93:9

If you and Mysterry ever get up this way, you are welcomed to come over for
a few beers and I'll show you my collection of patches and gold leaf and
wing pins from when I used to launch and recover military aircraft back in
the early '80s. I even have a pin-up poster with a few other women who I
worked with...;-)

Were you in the Navy? Or just a contractor at a test facility?
Some of the first women in the Navy reported aboard my ship just before
I reported. I did not think bird farms had women aboard since they are
consider combat shipsin the 80's, that rule has changed now, infact a
lady off the Gompers just took command of a new destroyer.

People Magazine came out for a few days and took over 500 photos of me with
the different aircraft, but they lost their contract right before it was
time to be published.

Day late and a dollar short

I have pictures of the Thunderbirds and the Canadian snowbirds (actually in
the cockpit) among a least 100 that they would send to me or I took myself
on the tarmac.

That cool....I got to fly in a russian mig a few years back.

Joe

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote:

Lady Pilot wrote:

se 9TH STREET, BUT THE PLACE i WAS TALKING ABOUT WAS MY gRANDPARENTS.

I used to live on NE 12th ST about 10 years ago before I bought the home I
am currently living in now.

It's now an apartment complex. They had about 3 acres on the south side
of Moore. They both passed away in the early 80's

I heard today they are building a new fire station on some of that empty
acreage on the south side. If you haven't been there in the last 10 years,
you probably wouldn't recognize the place now.

Were you in the Navy?

Absolutely not! I would have never made it in the military. I've always
been great at giving commands, not receiving them. My pilots used to call
me "Boss Lady". :-)

Or just a contractor at a test facility?

Yes and no...

Some of the first women in the Navy reported aboard my ship just before
I reported. I did not think bird farms had women aboard since they are
consider combat shipsin the 80's, that rule has changed now, infact a
lady off the Gompers just took command of a new destroyer.

That is true. Many fighter pilots commented that the women in the different
branches of the service couldn't do what we were doing. When I first
started, they wanted us to pin the fake bombs, until one girl nearly got
sucked into jet engine.

I have pictures of the Thunderbirds and the Canadian snowbirds (actually
in
the cockpit) among a least 100 that they would send to me or I took
myself
on the tarmac.

That cool....I got to fly in a russian mig a few years back.

That really cool. I've never had that opportunity yet.

We had an International fighter pilot fly in from Europe and we took out a
couple of single engine Pipers over the nearby lake to have mock dog fights.
This guy was so excited about getting to learn how to fly a single recip
engine. I was amazed, to say the least.

My girlfriends would get calls from a couple of A-6 pilots and they said
they would be here in like a couple of hours from the west coast. Pretty
amazing, and all on the taxpayers dime.

Here's a 8x10 pic that Ed Schneider gave me back in the early '80s:
http://members.cox.net/capt.neal/fast%20eddie.jpg
(my name is cropped to protect the guilty)

If you see him now, he's really aged, but of course I still look the same!
;-)
http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Pho...C00-0281-8.jpg

Someday I will get out the collection and make a website of memories during
that time. (Well, except for the love letters...)

LP

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Lady Pilot wrote:

Here's a 8x10 pic that Ed Schneider gave me back in the early '80s:

Another astronaut..woopie. I live in ElLago about a mile from JSC.
Astronauts are a dime a dozen is this town.

Meet John Glen at the Eckards across the street from NASA.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/tech...25/detail.html

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Real astronaut pictures:

http://www.wvi.com/~sr71webmaster/Storrie_Goldwater.jpg

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Gilligan wrote:

Real astronaut pictures:

http://www.wvi.com/~sr71webmaster/Storrie_Goldwater.jpg

LOL!

Who are these guys, really? The one on the left looks like
Nixon, the middle guy in the suit looks like Jimmy Hoffa.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:

Real astronaut pictures:

http://www.wvi.com/~sr71webmaster/Storrie_Goldwater.jpg

Nah. Now this is a real astronaut! :

http://www.retrojunk.com/img/tvshows...rs_pic_986.jpg

So there!

Cheers
Marty
Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
-- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Gilligan wrote:

Real astronaut pictures:

http://www.wvi.com/~sr71webmaster/Storrie_Goldwater.jpg

LOL!

Who are these guys, really? The one on the left looks like Nixon, the
middle guy in the suit looks like Jimmy Hoffa.

DSK

That's Barry Goldwater on the right in the flame proof suit. He had just
flown a top secret mission over Communist territory (that's the SR-71 in the
background) to get a first hand view himself! Mach 3 at tree top level,
rocket exhaust frying ox carts in the barnyard!

Rough notes from the tugboat race...... [email protected] General 15 May 18th 05 01:30 AM
Kerry 'loose cannon' says ex-commander Anonymous Sender ASA 2 May 7th 04 03:04 AM
Still on the Loose Bobsprit ASA 5 December 17th 03 03:21 AM
Full Battens and Loose Feet Schoonertrash ASA 5 November 7th 03 04:30 AM
Loose spark plugs? Me General 0 August 17th 03 10:16 PM