posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default RB Admits he has two feet in his mouth!!

"Jeff" wrote in message
news
This is a truly pathetic display by you, Bob. You made a

blunder and
then you've spent the last two days backpedaling and

changing your
story around. You've gone so far as to claim that you're

the victim,
even blaming it on your friend.

But you seem to have settled on the story that when you

said "to
Windward with a VMG of 6 knots" you really meant that the

VMG was
measured to some random point, not directly upwind, and

not ahead.
And you've claimed that this is a perfectly reasonable and

common way
of describing your boat's performance.

However, this is total nonsense and continues to

demonstrate that you
really don't understand the terms. Here's why: You could

have simply
stated with your video that you doing doing 8+ knots on

a close
reach - some may have bought it, others might be

skeptical, but its
within the realm of physical possibility. But you chose

to be clever,
trying to use "sailor talk" like VMG. It would have

actually been
interesting if it were real. Unfortunately, you picked a

speed that
is not physically possible, especially when supported by a

video of
you footing off, and I called you on it. You then

proceeded to give
us lots of double talk and conflicting stories, and

finally settled on
the lame story that it was VMG to a random mark. But this

is nonsense!

The VMG to a mark is of no use whatsoever except as a

temporary local
reference. Even then its use is almost entirely when

beating to
windward and speed is being balanced against pointing. It

has no
value when reaching. I suppose there might be some value

when working
a current, or some other complex situation, but your

friend probably
used it only because the GPS was set up for racing so

that's the value
it displayed.

Even though VMG to a random mark may have some temporary

value in
racing, it has absolutely no value when describing a

boat's
performance, and if that was your actual intent, as you

claim, it
demonstrates a total lack of understanding of the

concepts. Without
stating the exact location, it says nothing about boat

speed, which
could have been as low as 6 knots. And even if you did

give the
location, no one would actually bother computing the

speed, except in
the trivial (and interesting) case of the mark being

directly upwind.

So what is it Bob, were you lying by implying VMG to

Windward, or just
an Idiot who doesn't understand the meaning and use of

VMG?

Both!

SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default RB Admits he has two feet!!

That's right, I had to steal a neighbors wash line to use to
tie up my mainsail.

No one doubts this in the least.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

That's right, I had to steal a neighbors wash line to use

tie up my mainsail.

No one doubts this in the least.

Swab, I don't lie....you do.

SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

No one doubts this in the least.

Swab, I don't lie....you do.

I said I didn't doubt your claim that you use a washline to tie up the
main. No one called you a liar, even if you do lie all the time.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Yes, you were hook pretty badly on this one. You're the one who had
admit the he screwed the pooch on this.

LOL!!! Yeah, okay....just get back to us when you're less flustered and
can type a sentence that makes sense!

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

BZZZZT!!! A perfect example of why you're losing this debate! I never
said it outperformed the deep keel version. The Deep keel sails 3-4
points higher and has less leeway.

What! "3-4 points", you really don't know sailing terms at all do you?

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Martin Baxter wrote:
What! "3-4 points", you really don't know sailing terms at all do you?

He means mortgage points, not points on the compass.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:
I notice no one, even your buddy Larry isn't sticking up for
you, *CAPT.* ROB.

BWahahahahahahahah

He's not a Captain. He is a lowly Swab as Jeff has just
proven. There is not much point in arguing with Swabbie.
Unless of course if give you some measure of enjoyment.
I've really enjoyed reading the thread and watching the
Swab squirm like a worm on a hook.

Bart
"Never argue with an idiot, onlookers
may not be able to tell the difference." RAH

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Heart of Gold clip to windward

Capt. Rob wrote:

So what do you mean when you insist that your boat can outperform
its
polars by 15%?

It depends on the polars, who made them and how the aspects of a given
design have been learned since. A 35s5 can do better than the polars
made when she was built

If you want to beat the polars, be sure to use old tired sails.

Heart of Gold Sailing Capt. Rob ASA 9 October 4th 06 02:51 AM
Heart of Gold runs aground...and worse! Capt. Rob ASA 16 September 4th 06 09:25 PM
Heart of Gold Website-Updates Capt. Rob ASA 17 August 22nd 06 12:31 AM
Heart of Gold Sailing Capt. Rob ASA 7 August 8th 06 11:36 PM
Heart of Gold and the Genset Capt. Rob ASA 18 August 6th 06 12:30 PM