posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Beach Bum/ Growing Old

Don't have a Boatto old
Don't go sailingto old
Missed this years PITCH REGATTA to old
However; I'm learning the advantages;
Ten Advantages Of Growing Older
1. Your joints are more accurate than the*
*** National Weather Service.
2. Kidnappers ignore you.
3. Sexual harassment charges against you just don't stick.
4. People no longer think you're a hypochondriac.
5. Your secrets are now safe with your friends because
*** they can't remember them either.
6. Your eyes won't get much worse.
7. You're no longer expected to run into a burning building.
8. Whatever you buy now won't wear out.
9. In a hostage situation, you're likely to be released first.
10. There's nothing left to learn the hard way.
Every day:---Learning new ways:^)
*

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Thom, a couple of days ago you gave us this quote:

"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are
something to do, something to love and something to hope
for." -Joseph Addison (1672 -1719)

Sums up a great deal of wisdom IMHO.

Here are some quotes you might like:

"Beware of the young doctor and the old barber."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am."
Bernard M. Baruch (1870 - 1965)

"Sure I'm for helping the elderly. I'm going to be old
myself some day."
Lillian Carter, in her 80s

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can
get old. All you have to do is live long enough."
Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)

I like the dog lighthouse pic, those guys have it made.

DSK

Thom Stewart wrote:
Don't have a Boatto old
Don't go sailingto old
Missed this years PITCH REGATTA to old
However; I'm learning the advantages;

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Doug,

Here is another Quote;
No problem lasts forever. No matter how permanently fixed in the center
of our lives it may seem, whatever we experience in this ever-changing
life is sure to pass. Even pain."

Old Age isn't that bad; Just different. With time you make the necessary
adjustments. It's the "TIME" part that's beginning to be the problem

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage