Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default A Cockpit Wager

After poor Bob Crantz was utterly disemboweled by the fact that the
35s5 cockpit is actually 7 feet long, he and Capt Scumbagolino are now
trying to say "it isn't."
Of course two days ago they posted a graphic of it and I posted exact
dimensions, but that was too upsetting to bear. So poor Bob tried to
say (and this was damn funny!) that the helm is not part of a cockpit!
Then he tried to claim the cabin house sloped (It doesn't) and
finally...claiming that the measurement is not from the seat level to
helm seat back, but somehow beyond that.
So here's what I measured:

From point where cabin house meets bench seat, back to helmseat back

(Not extending to measure the coaming. I don't get 7'1. I get 7 feet
exactly. In other words, a 7 foot tall person could lie down (if you
pop off the wheel). That's more bench room than any of the other boats
I listed and also more room than a CS36, Catalina 34 and so on.
Measuring from seat-back to seat-back the cockpit is 5'9. Since there
is a slight slope to the seat-backs I chose the midway point. It's a
bit more higher up. So 7 X 5.9 is a proper INTERNAL dimension and does
not include any coamings.

Now...do Crantz and Scrambledlino have any integrity? Do they truly
believe their claims? Here's the wager, if they choose to accept it: If
I prove beyond any doubt that the 35s5 cockpit is 7 feet long they MUST
LEAVE ASA for good. Of course they'll return with new fake personas.

If I don't prove it, I'll leave ASA. So let's see what we see! It'll
take me all of 30 seconds to take a pic of the cockpit with a measuring
tape of course....no trouble at all as I'm measuring for Doyle today
anway.

RB
35s5
NY

The Best Cockpit, not a 35.5 MG midget Joe ASA 50 August 17th 06 03:24 PM
The Bigger Cockpit Capt. Rob ASA 3 August 16th 06 12:38 PM
The Better Cockpit Capt. Rob ASA 51 August 9th 06 01:37 AM
Speaking of cockpit drains JG Cruising 5 May 7th 05 01:35 AM
Need foam fiberglas cockpit comments NT Boat Building 1 March 24th 04 07:54 AM