posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Dave's Rules of Clubs?

Say, Dave, NMYC hosted our 2nd BBQ yesterday. More than 200 people
showed up for awesome ham, sausages, burgers and hot dogs along with a
variety of salads. There was live music and a raffle....I won a VHF
radio!! Even our friends at the FDNY came to our service dock and had
some great food. We didn't stay long because it was a perfect sailing
day.

So I was wondering? I've been at Bayside, Liberty, and even the boat
basin...those "marinas" never have any events. Why do we? And how come
Harlem Yacht Club has no raffle of prizes? Does this mean they're not a
true yacht club?

Oh...and I won a Standard Horizon HX500 VHF. It wasn't first prize.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Foods high in saturated fats and nitrates!

No wonder NYers are fat and in such poor physical condition.

Did you get pictures?

Wide angle?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Foods high in saturated fats and nitrates!

No wonder NYers are fat and in such poor physical condition.

Yeah, the real clubs serve wheat germ veggie burgers and tofu sausage.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Foods high in saturated fats and nitrates!

No wonder NYers are fat and in such poor physical condition.

Yeah, the real clubs serve wheat germ veggie burgers and tofu sausage.

Pfffttttt..... at the GSCC in Yellowknife they handed you a fishing rod if
you wanted trout and a shotgun if you wanted meat. We had fun stuff like the
"Good Woman" contest [start a fire, boil water in less than 2 minutes and
skin a muskrat] and shooting competitions. Axe throwing was always a popular
event as well as the harpoon throw.. While the women cleaned up after
dinner.... the men would continue with farting, burping and drinking
contests.

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa

the men would continue with farting, burping and drinking
contests.

Now that's a club! Don't tell Dave.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Foods high in saturated fats and nitrates!

No wonder NYers are fat and in such poor physical condition.

Yeah, the real clubs serve wheat germ veggie burgers and tofu sausage.

Pfffttttt..... at the GSCC in Yellowknife they handed you a fishing rod
if you wanted trout and a shotgun if you wanted meat. We had fun stuff
like the "Good Woman" contest [start a fire, boil water in less than 2
minutes and skin a muskrat] and shooting competitions. Axe throwing was
always a popular event as well as the harpoon throw.. While the women
cleaned up after dinner.... the men would continue with farting, burping
and drinking contests.

CM-

Did one get disqualified from the farting contest if they **** their pants?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Did one get disqualified from the farting contest if they **** their
pants?

You have very poor English skills, Bob. The word should be "shat."

If you're planning to continue with this trailer-trash mentality,
please don't insult the group.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

Did one get disqualified from the farting contest if they **** their
pants?

No way.... that would count as extra! Besides... the women do the laundry1
:-)

CM

Rules of the Road: Does anyone care? [email protected] General 13 August 21st 05 12:07 AM
Rules History Quiz Jeff Morris ASA 15 February 11th 05 09:53 PM
Novice Lessons 9 - a reprint Simple Simon ASA 4 December 9th 03 05:10 PM
COLREGS - Proving Pecking Order in Restricted Visibility Simple Simon ASA 12 November 22nd 03 04:05 PM