posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default The Passing of a Friend

It is with great sadness that I must report the passing of Davis I.
Rawal, a war hero, shipmate, good friend and beloved father-in-law.

Normally I wouldn't burden the group with a personal matter of this
nature, but I had in the past mentioned some of Dave's exploits while
serving in the Merchant Marine in WWII, and some of the folks here
seemed to appreciate them.

As it turns out, Dave started to write down some of his stories and I
was able to recover them from his computer. Here they are, with just
a bit of editing:

http://www.sv-loki.com/Davis/davis.html
posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Jeff wrote:
It is with great sadness that I must report the passing of Davis I.
Rawal, a war hero, shipmate, good friend and beloved father-in-law.

Jeff, we'll half-mast the flag at sunset.

Normally I wouldn't burden the group with a personal matter of this
nature, but I had in the past mentioned some of Dave's exploits while
serving in the Merchant Marine in WWII, and some of the folks here
seemed to appreciate them.

As it turns out, Dave started to write down some of his stories and I
was able to recover them from his computer. Here they are, with just a
bit of editing:

http://www.sv-loki.com/Davis/davis.html

Jeff, thanks very much for posting these. I did not see them
before... I just read the story of the "Champions of the
South Pacific" aloud to some friends visiting and they loved
it. It is a good thing that these stories can be passed on,
it's sad that so many men of that "Greatest Generation" are
gone.

Sincerely
Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

DSK wrote:
I just read the story of the "Champions of the
South Pacific" aloud to some friends visiting and they loved
it.

Sincerely
Doug King

I missed that one the first go around.... what a great story :0)

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thanks Jeff;

Very sorry to hear of your Father-in-Law passing away.

I got "Champions of the South Pacific" from Doug and enjoyed it very
much. Looking forward to what ever you've posted.

Passed "Champions----" on to another WW2 merchant marine. All of us WW2
Vets are walking that "Between World of Humanity and Spirituality"
There aren't many of us left. Their are three of us that have lunch
together every Thurs. Thom, Dick and Harry. We've lasted ten years but
you can see our aging now, week to week.

Thanks Again!
Ol Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Thom Stewart wrote:
Thanks Jeff;

Very sorry to hear of your Father-in-Law passing away.

I got "Champions of the South Pacific" from Doug and enjoyed it very
much. Looking forward to what ever you've posted.

Passed "Champions----" on to another WW2 merchant marine. All of us WW2
Vets are walking that "Between World of Humanity and Spirituality"
There aren't many of us left. Their are three of us that have lunch
together every Thurs. Thom, Dick and Harry. We've lasted ten years but
you can see our aging now, week to week.

Thanks Again!
Ol Thom

Hey Ol Thom,

Make sure to read the others, "Signing on" is pretty good as well.

Joe

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thom Stewart wrote:
Thanks Jeff;

Very sorry to hear of your Father-in-Law passing away.

I got "Champions of the South Pacific" from Doug and enjoyed it very
much. Looking forward to what ever you've posted.

Passed "Champions----" on to another WW2 merchant marine. All of us WW2
Vets are walking that "Between World of Humanity and Spirituality"
There aren't many of us left. Their are three of us that have lunch
together every Thurs. Thom, Dick and Harry. We've lasted ten years but
you can see our aging now, week to week.

Thanks Again!
Ol Thom

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Thom. I had known that Dave had occasionally
written down bits and pieces, but was surprised that he had actually
finished four stories.

Here's the link again:
http://www.sv-loki.com/Davis/davis.html

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

jlrogers±³© wrote:
What the hell, Thom, we're both on the cusp of life's greatest adventure.

Yall fixin to sail across an ocean? :0)

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe;

Don't know if its a Ocean or whatever but; for sure it will be a once
only trip and I hope I make it as I should.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

Dealer friend recommends: don't buy extended warranty Don White General 1 May 5th 06 05:13 AM
Halifax Goes Dry basskisser General 40 April 8th 05 04:39 PM
Nice boat........ [email protected] General 67 April 5th 05 09:58 PM
Near Deaths on the Lower Gauley Celia Oblinger General 47 August 20th 04 11:56 PM
Near Deaths on the Lower Gauley Celia Oblinger Whitewater 8 August 18th 04 04:43 AM