posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default AC is COOL!!!!

Well...while Bob and Mooron yelp like puppies about stuff they can't
see in a photo, I'd like to point out how wrong (and dumb) folks are
about things like....

AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!

Are you friking kidding me? It's awesome!!!! We're taking short day and
night sails with Thomas, sometimes in the morning to beat the midway
heat. We slide back into the slip, plug in and enjoy brunch with Thomas
in a cool cabin. Cold drinks, cool cabin = a happy sailor! We're taking
Thomas for his 1st overnighter in two weeks and we'll see how that
goes. We may consider a genset after all, since they're pretty
inexpensive and our 35s5 is ready for one.
Yesterday I torqued some keelbolts mid day and the temps in the boat
were close to 110 degrees! I got back to my boat and the interior was
at a perfect 75 degrees....pass the ice tea!!!

People who turns their noses up at air conditioning only do so because
THEY DON'T HAVE IT!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Or spend their time sailing instead of cooped up in the cabin of a
docked yacht....why didn't you just go home and watch TV?

You might as well ask why a boat has a cabin at all, Ozzy. There's
nothing cool about being hot and uncomfortable. Sorry you feel cooped
up aboard a boat...we enjoy it!
We're keeping the sails short for now. I've seen parents with kids who
hate their boats and I believe I'm going to do better.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Got a report from the vet, I need a shoulder reconstruction after a
big fall at Heavenly in Feb. Torn a ligament and they need to fix it
so I can once again get my arm above shoulder height, and around my
back to tuck my shirt in.

That sucks, Ozzy. But they'll fix it and with a bit of therapy you can
make it stronger fairly soon. Don't dawdle on it...sooner is better.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 22:20:42 +1000, OzOne wrote:

On 4 Jul 2006 05:11:14 -0700, "Capt. Rob"
scribbled thusly:

Oh, Ozzy. You must be bored. Go have a lie-down.

Nah, just killing time.

Got a report from the vet, I need a shoulder reconstruction after a
big fall at Heavenly in Feb. Torn a ligament and they need to fix it
so I can once again get my arm above shoulder height, and around my
back to tuck my shirt in.

fifteen straight years of down hill, not even a minor injury.
(knocking on wood big time as I type this)

And on top of that. I've already got another bloody op coming up on
the 19th to fix up a vein in my leg that caused a DVT on my flight
back from the US.

You have to take a little jog in the cabin every thirty minutes, and
lay off the booze. Good friend got one flying back from London. Got
in his lungs. Hospital for twelve days, imobile. Took him about a
month to get close to right.

Having a great year so far...I'm paying bigtime for having such a ball
early in the year and I'm grumpy and taking it out on you...tonight
:-)

I can think of no one who is more deserving of your grumpiness.

Frank

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Staying Cool and Dry! Capt. Rob ASA 1 June 4th 06 05:30 PM
Monkey's Fist - Cool *JimH* General 13 October 12th 05 08:29 PM
Bought cool new digital charger....$89? WalMart?!! Larry W4CSC Cruising 144 February 1st 04 04:16 AM
Another cool service that I'll never use Simple Simon ASA 0 August 26th 03 03:53 PM