posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Please Ignore Idiotic Doug

Here in the east, Indian boys used to wrestle with black
bears for fun. Although Daniel Boone bragged about killing
one with just a knife, a real woodsman would not be
impressed by this. Black bears are not aggressive nor do
they get very big.

Black bears have killed 37 people over the last 100 years and many more
were injured. Black bear males weigh in at over 400 lbs and very large
specimens can exceed 500 lbs. Understand that the muscle mass of even a
small black bear is many times more than a human. Black bears are known
for making bluff charges when they feel threatened or cubs are near.
However, as with ANY bear, it's best to back off if an encounter is
made. It's VERY easy for a Black bear to kill a human being.
Interestingly, none of the fatal attacks were due to cub encounters and
it's believed that males in heat pose the most threat.
You cannot escape a bear charge by climbing a tree. Black bears are
excellent climbers.
The chances of a fatal black bear attack are quite small, but this is a
large animal that has proven to be deadly before and it should be
respected and given ground and respect under all circumstances. More
importantly, constant casual contact with black bears makes them more
vulnerable to human abuse.
Please leave the bears alone.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

"Capt" Rob wrote:
Black bears have killed 37 people over the last 100 years

Wrong, black bears have killed 37 idiots and wimpy city boys.

An animal that comes up on an old lady's back porch and eats
from her dog's bowl, only to be shoo'd away by said little
old lady, is not really very dangerous now is it?

So you can stop wetting your pants now. Besides, bears
rarely come into Noo Yawk Sitty (although I understand there
is a growing coyote population in many large cities).

.... Black bear males weigh in at over 400 lbs and very large
specimens can exceed 500 lbs.

Well, how much do you weigh now, Bubbles? Close to 400#
yourself, aincha?

Anyway, the record black bear is over 700# so obviously your
Googling skills are a bit deficient. But very few black
bears along the East Coast get anywhere near that big.

.... Understand that the muscle mass of even a
small black bear is many times more than a human.

Especially the "muscle" mass of a human who lives in front
of a computer all day, has no accomplishments in life other
than to brag about his home theater.

.... Black bears are known
for making bluff charges when they feel threatened

Uh huh.

What part of "bluff" don't you understand?

Please leave the bears alone.

Yes, that much is good advice.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

An animal that comes up on an old lady's back porch and eats
from her dog's bowl, only to be shoo'd away by said little
old lady, is not really very dangerous now is it?

Two Black bears live near my father's estate. They had never made any
aggresive moves until one knocked a girl off a bike and was snarling as
it made a second approach. Her friends started yelling and the bear
backed down.
Doug, I have about a hundred thousand times more experience with
wildlife than you. My father is a retired Naturalist and I worked for
the NY Zoological Society Dept. of Education for 2 years. I've actually
been on funded expeditions (To T&T, Yucatan) for collecting and have
worked with some of the deadliest snakes and spiders in the world.
I have tremendous respect for wild animals and attitudes like yours are
so dumb it's truly sickening. Just because a wild animal behaves in a
non threatening way, that's NOT a free pass for you to go "Awwwww, how
cute" and act like an asshole.
Man, do I ever know your type. What a loser.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

--
"Swab Rob" wrote

Her friends started yelling and the bear
backed down.

Thus proving Dougs' point.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

--
"Swab Rob" wrote
Two Black bears live near my father's estate.

PA estate = double wide.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Doug, I have about a hundred thousand times more experience with
NYC gay nightlife than you.

RB
35s5

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

I use to date a NYC Model, years ago. and did a good share of time at
the old "Square Tavern" She was AC-DC. I've seen the "Village Crowd"
Glad I outgrow it.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

DSK wrote:
"Capt" Rob wrote:
[...]

There were pictures a few days ago on netscape of a large orange
kittycat that chased a black bear up a tree, not once, but twice...did
the hissy kitty thing and off the bear went...woman took pictures from
her back porch...When we camped in the UP we'd go to the local dump to
watch the bears and cubs...there were always sign around that siad to
stay in the car, but many didn't..had to get those pictures..never saw a
bear make so much as a wink at a human..they were too busy feeding their
faces. They would come into our campsite regularly looking for treats
(which were either locked in the car or slung off a branch in a tree)
One night a bear decided to drink the bee catcher (a Hi-C can 1/3 full
with holes punched in the lid where they can crawl in but not back
out...) didn't deter the bear in the least...drained the can dry abd
left the seething mass of wasps, bees, and flies buzzing around in there
the next morning....we would shake cans of rocks and bang spoons on the
wash basin when they came too near the tent. My Dad had odd ideas of
"fun".....but we did learn how to camp "for real"
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Anyway, the record black bear is over 700# so obviously your
Googling skills are a bit deficient. But very few black
bears along the East Coast get anywhere near that big.

Doug, you must really love making an ass of yourself. I said males can
EXCEED 500 lbs. Is 700lbs EXCEEDING 500??? Are you math and ENGLISH
challenged?
Oh, and the record is actually 880 lbs, but typical max weight is 500.
So much for your googling skills.

Really, dude....why do you talk **** about boats and everything else?
You don't sail your own boat and bought a trawler. Go away. Now you're
pretending that you know something about bears? Know anything about
classical music, Doug? How about rear fanged snakes? Click Beetles?
Good lord.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

--
"Swab Rob" wrote
Know anything about
classical music, Doug? How about rear fanged snakes? Click

Beetles?

Click Beetles? How many years were you waiting to use that
one?

Doug Gets Punch Drunk! Capt. Rob ASA 0 June 5th 06 02:53 PM
Doug gets punch drunk Capt. Rob Cruising 0 June 5th 06 02:51 PM
Help for Doug Capt. Rob ASA 6 January 5th 06 07:43 PM
Add it up, Doug! Capt. Rob ASA 84 November 15th 05 10:39 AM
Doug is an Idiot Capt. Rob ASA 1 October 26th 05 10:44 PM