posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Default Spiders on Board!

Joe,

Check the Wing of a high speed Jet. The turbulent resistance is at (or
behind) the trailing edge

A good way to see this is in a pool of water with a film of Talcum
powder on it. Move your rudder section thru it and watch where the
turbulence happens

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Thom Stewart wrote:
Joe,

Check the Wing of a high speed Jet. The turbulent resistance is at (or
behind) the trailing edge

A good way to see this is in a pool of water with a film of Talcum
powder on it. Move your rudder section thru it and watch where the
turbulence happens

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

Thanks Ol Thom,

I'm going to use the Eppler E838 hydrofoil shape.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Mys Terry" wrote
I'm going to use the Eppler E838 hydrofoil shape.

Pick something with a flatter shape.

Like your head.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Mys Terry wrote:
Much too bulbous. Pick something with a flatter shape. Almost slab
sided.

For a rudder?

Yeah, a flatter section that stalls more easily at higher
AOA is definitely what you want for a rudder foil. Good call.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Mys Terry wrote:
You shouldn't post unless you have at least SOME idea of what you are talking
about, Dougly.

You mean, like the lift/drag & stall characteristics of foils?

From your earlier statements, it seems likely that you know
very little about the subject.

.... The foil he was planning to use would have slowed him down quite
a bit.

And you base this on... what, exactly?

... Please also note that the original rudder he was replacing was a simple
and COMPLETELY FLAT thin metal plate.

So that means a flatter easily stalled and less stiff foil
section would be better than a good rudder foil section?

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Mys Terry" curiously asked

who said anyting about stiff? Having
erectile problems? I'm not surprised, considering that

hideous hog snip

Whoa! Way , way TMI.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

You mean, like the lift/drag & stall characteristics of foils?

From your earlier statements, it seems likely that you know
very little about the subject.

Mys Terry wrote:
It opnly seems that way to you because you don't know anything about the
subject.

Is that why you've so clearly explained the characteristics
of the various foils under discussion, and provided links
for anybody with an interest in further info?

http://www.vacantisw.com/foildesign.htm

.... The foil he was planning to use would have slowed him down quite
a bit.

And you base this on... what, exactly?

Knowing what I'm talking about. The foil he was going to use was not even close
to suitable.

OK, then you should go here
http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?t=937
and tell these guys that they are slowing their boats down
with "unsuitable" rudder foil sections.

BTW do you even know what an IC or a Cherub is?

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

OK, then you should go here
http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?t=937
and tell these guys that they are slowing their boats down
with "unsuitable" rudder foil sections.

Mys Terry wrote:
I just went and read through several of those posts, and they agree
with me. One even specifically mentions the profile Joe picked as
being unsuitable.

Quote it, then.

Face it Bitty Bill, you're not very smart and you can't run
a good bluff. About your only talent seems to be
"pretending" to be an obnoxious jackass on the internet.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

I just went and read through several of those posts, and they agree
with me. One even specifically mentions the profile Joe picked as
being unsuitable.

Quote it, then.

Mys Terry wrote:
You should have read it all before you gave the link, dumbass.

No quote? Didn't think so.

You don't know diddley squat about hydrodynamics or anything
else. Go jack off in front of your computer some more.

BTW I hope you know how to delete your photo-shop fun from
your registry. Child pornogrophers don't fare very well in
court and even less well in jail.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Mys Terry wrote:
Hoo-Boy. Doug is going "Armpit" just like Joe. He had to break down
sooner or later. Frankly, I thought it would be sooner.

???

Spiders on Board! Capt. Rob ASA 33 June 9th 06 08:04 PM
Photo's On Board Capt. Rob ASA 7 May 3rd 06 07:00 PM
Neon Lighting On Board - Have a Question DJ General 5 May 2nd 06 08:25 PM
Sirius and Ipod on Board Capt. Rob ASA 55 January 13th 06 06:19 PM
Kitty on Board? Lloyd Sumpter Cruising 27 November 29th 05 11:00 PM