Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Photo's On Board

I've been looking at a way to store photo's from a digital camera on
board while not being forced to buy 5 or 6 big memory cards or keep a
computer on board. Even on a 3 day weekend trip I easily clicked off
more than 400 shots on my D70 before I ran out of room and a day of
shots to go.
Enter the Nikon Coolwalker. Simply slip a memory card into the base and
in a few minutes the files are transfered to it's 30GB hard drive. It
also has a 2.5 screen so you can see what you've got and can be
connected to a TV for a slide show using the wireless remote. Your
computer will see the USB connected Coolwalker as a HD and it will
quickly upload the pics.
There are better units out there, but you can get a used Coolwalker for
as little as 150 bucks and it does the same thing as the pricier units.

Advantages a
1) Small and lighter than a notebook
2) Needs little or no onboard power
3) Easy to stow
4) Will also play on your yachts TV
5) Allows virtually unlimited onboard shooting
6) Far faster than any Ipod.

You will need a 4-1 adapter if you're not using a CF cards.

Good luck,

RB
35s5
NY