posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default Bye Bye Tookie

Jon,

Please re-read my statement above.

It starts with "Found Guilty".

You snort a bunch of angle dust and blow away 4 people for a few
hundred dollars and are found guilty beyond a doubt then you need to
pay. 12 of his peers found him guilty beyound a doubt, yet the system
spends millions shuffeling papers and feeding the system. It's big
bucks to some.

We need to streamline the process.

The slippery slope now slides money into the lawyers,and judges
pockets.
Prision construction is big bucks to..Lots of room for greaseing palms.
And just like any govt process they pay 4 times the going rate.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
DSK wrote:
Jonathan Ganz wrote:
He wasn't a threat any more.

Disagree strongly.
There are no atheists in foxholes, and there are no
unreformed murderers on death row.

True, but who's he going to murder locked away 23 hours a day?

Nope, just the opposite... it is a point in favor of
granting clemency, after all he can't write many positive
influence children's books from that great solitary cell in
the sky. But the man was, as far as can be proven, a
multiple murderer. Definnitely a threat to society IMHO.

He did do some good in prison. That's a fact. What he did prior to
prison should make it impossible for him to be released. He was not a
threat to society in prison.

But, that's the fun part. I think we should abolish the death penalty,
but not tell anyone. You go right up to execution time, they put the
hood on your face, but instead of dropping cyanide, drop Alka Seltzer
tablets. Now, that's cruel and unusual.

Better yet, hold alka-seltzer in one hand and cyanide in the
other and say 'guess which hand?'

Hahaha... ok.

Or when a person has committed at least one heinous crime
such that his very humanity is in doubt, and it is too great
a risk to let him continue to share our planet.

His humanity was never, should never be in doubt. I don't think there
have been that many murderers who have escaped from prison in recent
times.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

In article , Bart Senior .@. wrote:
Jonathan Ganz wrote:
The reason why the death penalty is so expensive is that it's the subject
of endless meaningless appeals. Meanwhile, health care for prisoners is
not a trivial expense for the state, either.

Auction off his organs. That would help recoup the expense
and might even help expedite the process.

Probably had AIDS or Hep. A very high percentage of prisoner do.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scotty wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in

I'm not arguing morality. I'm arguing that it serves no purpose

execute someone.

Why not ask some of the survivors of a murder victim how they
feel about it?

No need. We all know they wanted him to die. That's not good enough in
a civilized society. "Vengence is mine saying the Lord" and all that.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

In article .com,
Joe wrote:
Jon,

Please re-read my statement above.

It starts with "Found Guilty".

Yes, he was found guilty.

You snort a bunch of angle dust and blow away 4 people for a few
hundred dollars and are found guilty beyond a doubt then you need to
pay. 12 of his peers found him guilty beyound a doubt, yet the system
spends millions shuffeling papers and feeding the system. It's big
bucks to some.

He have paid with his life... for 40 more years.

We need to streamline the process.

The slippery slope now slides money into the lawyers,and judges
pockets.
Prision construction is big bucks to..Lots of room for greaseing palms.
And just like any govt process they pay 4 times the going rate.

True enough...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

In article , Bart Senior .@. wrote:
Tookie should have had his organs should be
havested while he is still alive.

"DSK" wrote
have no problem with capital punishment, IMHO those guilty beyond doubt of
heinous crimes *should* be executed.

See previous comment.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
Scotty wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in

I'm not arguing morality. I'm arguing that it serves no

purpose
execute someone.

Why not ask some of the survivors of a murder victim how they
feel about it?

No need. We all know they wanted him to die.

i didn't know that.

That's not good enough in
a civilized society. "Vengence is mine saying the Lord" and all

that.

We're just speeding up the process a bit.

SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Jon,

The purpose served; Never, ever again will Tookie have the opportunity
to create a; REPEAT CRIME! Society has made sure of that! Thank you
Calif. Thank you Arnold.

A nasty job, but a job that needed to be done!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Jon;

Where are you getting your information about "Tookie" not being a
problem in prison? I've heard he's been a Rapist and a damn bully with
his fellow prisioners? I don't know what's true but I'm glad he is died!

Ole Thom

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Thom Stewart wrote:
Jon;

Where are you getting your information about "Tookie" not being a
problem in prison? I've heard he's been a Rapist and a damn bully with
his fellow prisioners? I don't know what's true but I'm glad he is died!

Don't know. Who cares? He was in prison. He was not a threat to
society any more.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com