posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default Bye Bye Tookie

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

I don't believe in the death penalty as a practice. The state should
not be in the business of killing people without necessity. There is
no necessity in executing someone who would otherwise be behind bars
for the rest of their life.

Miracle of miracles, Jon, we are in agreement.

Me and Jeezus... we're pals. g

War is a different matter, where the survival of the state (and the
people) is at stake.

Agreement again. Is the world nearing its end? g

Shhhh....

However I have a big problem with the way the death penalty
is currently applied in this country. But hey, it's always
detail detail detail!

Perhaps that's why the Illinois governor suspended all such penalties
in his state?

Actually he did so for political capital, not from any particular moral
or ethical belief. Gov. Blago--I couldn't spell his full name on a bet
without looking it up--stated in a brief speech to an organization at the
University of Illinois that he personally believed in the concept of
capital punishment, but chose to honor the wishes of his constituency
instead. It may also have something to do with the prospect that he
might end up in prison someday himself. g He's up to his neck in
scandal currently.

I'm willing to accept the wrong motivation for doing the right thing.

Same here. If someone wishes to give me a bundle of cash because they
believe me to be in need of it, so be it.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Doesn't matter if he had redeeming characteristics or not. We are judged
by how we treat those who are the worst, not by how we treat those who are
the best.

Why Jon, that's nice. That's very Christian--are you training for the
priesthood or something? g

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

It's not just Christian... it's non-denominational.

You mean I have to *train*? Sheesh. Also, I'm not gay, so that sort of
excludes me right there. g

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
news

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Doesn't matter if he had redeeming characteristics or not. We are judged
by how we treat those who are the worst, not by how we treat those who
are the best.

Why Jon, that's nice. That's very Christian--are you training for the
priesthood or something? g

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
news

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Doesn't matter if he had redeeming characteristics or not. We are judged
by how we treat those who are the worst, not by how we treat those who
are the best.

Why Jon, that's nice. That's very Christian--are you training for the
priesthood or something? g

Max

It's not just Christian... it's non-denominational.

You mean I have to *train*? Sheesh. Also, I'm not gay, so that sort of
excludes me right there. g

I believe you only have to have a preference for young boys. :-o

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Max,

I thought our Prisons purpose was to reform. Not all are death row. If
we can't reform and we can't execute why are we providing free room and
broad for wrong doers. The ones being punished are the law abiding
citizen tax payers. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Ole Thom

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

All pretense of reform was dropped many years ago. We can reform people if
we spent some time and money on the problem. However, instead, we're
spending our money elsewhere.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Max,

I thought our Prisons purpose was to reform. Not all are death row. If
we can't reform and we can't execute why are we providing free room and
broad for wrong doers. The ones being punished are the law abiding
citizen tax payers. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Ole Thom

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Errr... if you're a guy and you like young boys, I would think that would
qualify as being gay. But you seem to have some inside knowledge. g

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
k.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
news

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Doesn't matter if he had redeeming characteristics or not. We are
judged by how we treat those who are the worst, not by how we treat
those who are the best.

Why Jon, that's nice. That's very Christian--are you training for the
priesthood or something? g

Max

It's not just Christian... it's non-denominational.

You mean I have to *train*? Sheesh. Also, I'm not gay, so that sort of
excludes me right there. g

I believe you only have to have a preference for young boys. :-o

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

That would be me. My 13 year old niece
was raped and killed in a church.

Under the 1st amendment, executions should
be done in public. Sell advertising, and make
a Roman spectacle out of it. I think we can
make enough to pay for their keep and legal
expenses.

I vote for clearing out all the death row inmates
one per week until they are all gone, with a bonus
New Years Day spectacular were any surplus
killers can all be terminated. Or maybe that
would be better done at half-time during the
Superbowl.

"Scotty" wrote

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in

I'm not arguing morality. I'm arguing that it serves no purpose

execute someone.

Why not ask some of the survivors of a murder victim how they
feel about it?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Of course, that's terrible. However, killing someone else would not bring
back your niece. And, making it public would traumatize other kids.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
That would be me. My 13 year old niece
was raped and killed in a church.

Under the 1st amendment, executions should
be done in public. Sell advertising, and make
a Roman spectacle out of it. I think we can
make enough to pay for their keep and legal
expenses.

I vote for clearing out all the death row inmates
one per week until they are all gone, with a bonus
New Years Day spectacular were any surplus
killers can all be terminated. Or maybe that
would be better done at half-time during the
Superbowl.

"Scotty" wrote

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in

I'm not arguing morality. I'm arguing that it serves no purpose

execute someone.

Why not ask some of the survivors of a murder victim how they
feel about it?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

For what it costs to keep someone in a federal prison, you could
send them to
Harvard for the same period of time. When they get out of Harvard, they
could
find a job that pays a lot more than being a punk crook or low level
drug
dealer..

Problem is most "punk crooks" wouldn't go to class and they'd be
breaking into the dorm rooms of the students who did. Get real.