rgnmstr

Default France again

Please be a lot more specific. Did you vounteer, or were you
drafted? Where
exactly did you serve and what did you do? Someone who just says
"Vietnam 66"
sounds like they are full of ****, to put it politely.

Volunteered. 4 years U.S. Navy. I don't bother lieing on here. I
don't have anything to prove. Full of ****? I like that. Your
turn.

DSK

rgnmstr wrote:
Once again I didn't make a biggoted remark. You took it that way.

Actually I did not accuse you of being a bigot, and was very careful to
only imply your remark was bigoted to the same degree that you implied
Hispanics were less loyal Americans than you (and presumably I, but then
you turned on me as a "left winger" pretty quickly).

... As
far as serving......... Vietnam 66. Where were you?

I was in grammar school. OTOH I was off the coast of Libya, the Gulf of
Sidra to be exact, in 1981 and off the coast of Lebanon in 1982; and off
the coast of Nicaragua in 1986; and a couple of other fun vacation spots
in between.

Lately I've been hearing a lot of increased chatter from people who
should know better. World wide war on all Moslems, torture any suspected
terrorists, kick out all foreigners, put minorities back in their
places, put women back in their place, make kids cut their hair (and
stop dying it weird colors) and stop listening to awful music, etc etc.
There's a fine line in this kind of talk, some of it is harmless and
some of it is poisonous and hateful. I am not accusing you of being over
the line but I am much more comfortable declaring where I stand when it
becomes a question.

If that says "left-winger" to you, then great.

Now how about getting back to sailing?

Regards
Doug King ex-BT1(SW)

rgnmstr

So, you are one of the skaters who joined the Navy to avoid going
to Viet Nam and being on the ground. Got it! Sorry your draft number
wasn't Higher so yu could avoid service of any kind .

Funny, I've never heard anyone who has served accuse anyone who served
in another branch of skating. As far as not being on the ground
............ that's funny too. Being on the water in Nam was no picnic
either. You sir are a looser.

Bob Crantz

"DSK" wrote in message
rgnmstr wrote:
Doug, that's the first thing left wingers say these days.

Hmmm... left-winger, am I?

Let's see, I'm a veteran, a Southerner, an NRA member (not active),
anti-union, a stock market investor... and being a left winger at the
same time would be a bit of a stretch. I'm flattered that you think I'm
so multi-talented.

If you don't want people to think you're a bigot, then don't make
bigoted remarks. I grew up in a small Southern town, and I've heard all
I care to of such talk. If you had ever served in the military alongside
blacks & Hispanics & Philipinos & everybody else that has come be
Americans, all doing their duty as best they can, you'd be ashamed of
yourself.

Has nothing to do with the fact that illegal immigration is draining
the resourses of certain parts of this country. Has nothing to do with
the fact that we don't know who's walking in every day across our
southern borders.

Uh huh. And so, blame the left-wingers for it, when President Bush is
winking the whole time. Who offered amnesty for illegals? Who has been
in charge of the INS while illegal immigration climbs thru the roof? Who
has declared "war on terror" and then left the back door open?

DSK

I love it! They can't stick Doug in a category because he thinks for
himself!

aaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!!

Amen!

Bob Crantz

"DSK" wrote in message
rgnmstr wrote:
[...]

Lebanon 1976! During the Civil War there. I ran the Hagen Control board on D
type boilers!

DSK

Bob Crantz wrote:
Lebanon 1976! During the Civil War there. I ran the Hagen Control board on D
type boilers!

Wasn't it really nice of Uncle Sam to let you get a good head start in
an up-and-coming hi-tech field?

BTW all the Hagan boards I ever worked on could run themselves, once you
got the air flow transmitters working right. It usually took blowing
soot out of the sensing legs.

DSK

Scotty

"rgnmstr" wrote in message
ups.com...
A lightbulb should go off in the heads of Americans while

watching what
is going on in France. What will we do when one day the

millions of
Mexicans who have entered the US and spread throughout the

country
decide to start rioting and burning.

Close down all the Taco Bells?

Bob Crantz

"DSK" wrote in message
Bob Crantz wrote:
Lebanon 1976! During the Civil War there. I ran the Hagen Control board

on D
type boilers!

Wasn't it really nice of Uncle Sam to let you get a good head start in
an up-and-coming hi-tech field?

Especially when those steam valves had to be opened by hand against the
electric motor drive.

BTW all the Hagan boards I ever worked on could run themselves, once you
got the air flow transmitters working right. It usually took blowing
soot out of the sensing legs.

DSK

DSK

Bob Crantz wrote:
Especially when those steam valves had to be opened by hand against the
electric motor drive.

Is this a test? Compressed air, chief.

DSK

Bob Crantz

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Bob Crantz wrote:
Especially when those steam valves had to be opened by hand against the
electric motor drive.

Is this a test? Compressed air, chief.

Did those things open with compressed air? I thought it was electric motors.
I was not a BT. I remember the air vent between the two boilers that you
could sit under. At least the engine room had AC in the control room.

Do you think they still have the same OBA's?

DSK

France Sammy General 84 November 10th 05 02:58 AM
Amerika is Always at War jlrogers ASA 2 November 4th 05 09:20 PM